Sunday, October 25, 2009

What Really Counts

To my husband, I am "beautiful". To my son, I am "the best".

According to my pantyhose, I am a "queen"; according to my shoes, a "10".

My friends say I'm "fun", my shampoo says I'm "shiny". The label on my jeans tells me I'm "relaxed".

My parents think I'm "great", babies think I'm "comfy". The score on my eye chart tells me I'm "perfect".

My height on a growth chart tells me I am "above average"; my Heavenly Father, "choice".

According to my ten dollar bathroom scale, I am "obese".



Huh.




What does it know?

I put away my scale today. It only knows HOW to count. I already know WHAT counts. I'll use all of the labels above to see how I measure up. Besides, the way my bum looks in my new jeans makes me way happier than any dumb bathroom appliance that serves no higher purpose than to get stepped on by stinky feet. Dumb scale.

8 comments:

Holli Williams said...

You go girl! I love your thinking! Now if you could come be my life coach...

Danielle said...

Oh, don't give me that much credit, Holli! ;)

Kathy’s Korner said...

Amen to that. One clever post again. You must lay awake nights thinking of that stuff. "Literally"

Becky Hansen said...

You are cracking me up!! I miss you!

Traci said...

very funny and clever post! I love it!

Birgitta said...

You are such a comedian! And congrats on having a great a** in those jeans! ;)

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog it makes my day!

Rachel Swanton said...

I knew the scale thing had gone way overboard in my house when Adi stepped on it and moaned like I do! Wish I weighed 33 pounds! I put the thing away for awhile. I will focus on other things then maybe pull that horrible invention out again for another try and "improving myself"! Love reading your blog!!