Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloweenies

Another Halloween come, and gone. I just threw out the remainder of last year's Halloween candy to make room for this year's "score". Here's to another year's worth of candy!

This is the first year Chase has used a store bought character for his costume. I have to admit, I was a little disappointed when Chase announced in August that he wanted to be Scooby for Halloween. I thought for sure I had plenty of time to change his creative mind. I even tried shameless tactics. One afternoon, I sat him in front of the computer and showed him the coolest costume ever, that I just "happened to stumble upon". He was in complete awe. He whooped and hollered. He burst out, "Oh, man, that is the coolest costume EVER! I TOTALLY want to be that for Halloween...NEXT year...AFTER Scooby!" Dang it. Almost had him.




Chase and I made a quick appearance at school for his Halloween party. I was able to stay and read a Halloween story to his class. My favorite part of the party, however, was when one of Chase's classmates started squealing and jumping up and down while donning a genuine "I can't believe I won!" expression on her face...when her number was called during their Cupcake Walk. So stinkin' cute.





In preparation for this evening's free candy drive, I put clean wrap on Chase's hands. As I wrapped his left hand (which is his dominate hand), he showed his true champion spirit. He said proudly,


"Well, it's a good thing that I am left handed AND right handed for picking up candy."


My multi-talented trick-or-treater and I had a good time tonight. I was, however, getting a little tired and crabby when the end was nearing. Chase caught up to me at one point tonight and slipped his hand in mine and stated,


"Man! I can't BELIEVE I still have THIS much energy! I could trick or treat ALL night!"


Mom petered out waaaaaaay too early to find out if he could actually make good on that threat. I am taking the fact that he was asleep before I left the room at betime as a big "nope".


And, to our neighbor's and friends...if your children have horrible nightmares of big scary pumpkin heads tonight...I truly am sorry. I seriously can't leave Jeff unattended for even one second.

7 comments:

Kathy’s Korner said...

Glad you had a gooooood halloweenie!
I did too, I continued to organize my closet. I am on the second week and will move right into the third.

Kathy’s Korner said...

Oh, I forgot to mention, YOU LOOK SKINNY! I was looking for the big pumpkin heads....

Heather said...

Oh mom.. you are so festive I tell ya.

Danielle, you and Chase look so cute together! LOVE the costumes. And you do look SO good!!

No pictures of pumpkin head though? boo!

I'm glad you had a fun night.

Lea Ann said...

I am never happy about being sick, but a part of me is happy that everyone is sick so I didn't have to deal with the Halloween stuff. And I have been waiting to see a picture of you. You are looking good.

Danielle said...

I haven't been completely ready to show a picture of me...so I thought I would hide behind a nerd outfit!

Thanks, guys.

Oh, and the pumpkin head? We forgot to get a picture with Jeff and the pumpkin head. We will do that and post it sometime soon!

And, sorry you are sick, Lea Ann! Not fun!!

Jeremy said...

Fun! I was dead after we put the kids in bed. I laid down on the blue chair and zonked. Chase makes a cute scooby, and I look forward to seeing next years awesome costume!

-Birgitta

Jessica said...

You do look great, I am always meaning to tell you that! As for your costumes, you are an awesome mom, my kids would love if I would ever dress up. Too cute, we came to your house, but never saw the pumpkin head, maybe next year!