Sunday, October 4, 2009

Funny Bone

I have a very exposed funny bone. Make me really tired and put me under a certain amount of pressure, with an even higher amount of sugar, and you will really get a reaction. I am not sure why, but I am a sucker for someone with a dry sense of humor. These people are stealth. They can throw a funny at you that you didn't even see coming. You have no idea what hit you...which makes it even funnier. These people are truly funny.

People have funny bones in different places. Some are on the surface. Some are where they are supposed to be. Some are buried deep, yet still accessible...once in a while. Some people, however, were not issued one at all when the optional, non-vital body parts were being handed out. I don't always do well with those kind of people. I am too irreverent for those kind of people. I just know that I love to laugh. I also know that I need to do it waymore often.

Here are a few funnies that were thrown my way this weekend. Both of these statements caught me off guard and earned a very honest reaction:

After conference today, my brother and I were discussing the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and the qualifications required to be in this said, amazing group. Jeremy's reaction was a little incredulous as I mentioned some of the audition requirements that I have heard that potential choir members have to endure. One of the things I have heard that is used in auditions is the use of Solfege (which is the use of Do Re Mi Fa Sol La Ti Do in sight reading music. These words represent notes in the musical scale and the steps you hear between them). Jeremy seemed unimpressed with my telling him that choir members had to know how to use Do Re Mi Fa Sol La Ti Do. The realization that he had no idea what I was talking about came when he said,

"You mean, like in a sentence?"

Still makes me Laugh!!

As my friend and I were nearing the end of a very grueling workout Saturday morning, we could not help but be sooooo proud of each other. Between our heavy, close-to-obscene breaths, we were oozing compliments at each other as our puddin' legs wobbled down the horrific set of Old Main stairs. You could hear us saying things like, "Way to go"..."I am so proud of you!"..."I am so proud of us!"..."I can't believe we did that!"..."You are amazing!"..."YOU are amazing!"..."WE are amazing!"

My friend then enthusiastically exclaimed, "Let's go eat a pie!"

I cackled loud enough for the whole valley to hear me. I almost rolled down the remaining stairs. Did I mention this workout is at 6:00 AM?


Oh, I love to laugh. Thank you for providing me with stuff to laugh at. I REALLY appreciate it!

4 comments:

Kathy’s Korner said...

Oh yes, you are my daughter!

Birgitta said...

ONE COMMENT? C'mon people...this is funny stuff! :)

Danielle said...

That's what I was thinking! I think I have shy readers. ;)

Jeremy said...

tee hee, I made you laugh