Monday, October 26, 2009

Da Burns

How sad is it that every time I take a picture of...anything, Chase asks, "Is that for the blog?"


I took pictures of Chase's burns the other day, just for posterity's sake. Chase wanted me to make sure I shared the pictures of his mayhem with my fellow bloggers. So, here they are.









These were actually quite difficult to photograph, and not just because I am an extremely untalented photographer. Chase decided to do some method acting for me. After about thirty takes, it dawned on me what Chase was doing. I finally had to say, "Chase, I am just trying to take a picture of your burns, not a picture of the face you made when you RECEIVED the burns." Oh.


I failed at getting a close-up picture of his left hand, due to the extreme sucking noise emitted from Chase's face any time I got any where near his hand. His left hand's burn is smaller, but seems to come with a more powerful punch. He was in pain most of the day on Saturday. The blister in the crease of his thumb is nearing infection. My next course of action is going to have to be bubble wrap and oven mitts. I am not sure how to tell an energetic boy who is tired of being cooped up while zippy on pain medication...to slow down. He is actually doing really well with this whole bag of pooh, and so is his mom...mostly.


He is headed back to school today; it's his turn to be the star student of the week. I had to remind him that it was his scheduled week to be the star, and not just a result of his teacher having great sympathy for his new accessories. I am not sure he's completely convinced.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Little guy... Hope they heal up Fast.

Kathy’s Korner said...

Owwee! Burns really hurt. I am glad Chase is dealing well, wish he didn't have to go through this and you guys, also! Worrying about infection is a bit job. Keep up the good work! Your a vigilanty!