Thursday, October 22, 2009

Look Who Knows So Much

The other day, Chase was sitting at the island being creative with his good buddy, Adam. They were coloring and writing and cutting and pasting and just being plain cute.

I was listening to them have such a grown-up conversation and was really enjoying their chatter. I was then pulled back into their five-year old world when I heard Adam ask,

"Tricity...what's tricity?"

My intelligent son quickly corrected,

"Leck-tricity, Adam. LECK-tricity. You know leck-tricity; it means power."

"Oh...yeah. Nope, still don't know what leck-tricity means."

"Ah, never mind then!"

I could have intervened, but I saw no reason to show-off.


As Chase and I were driving home tonight, we were having a conversation about the flu. We were talking about washing our hands and using hand sanitizer in order to stave off the yucky symptoms of fabulous influenza. Chase was reminding me about his little bout a few weeks ago. He made it sound so seemingly easy.

"Nothing hurt on me except for my bag".

Cough, sputter, choke, giggle.

"Your WHAT?"

"My bag, Mom. Remember?"

"No, I guess I don't remember, Chase. What on earth is your 'bag'?"

"My stomach bag! You don't remember my bag hurting?"

Oh, silly me. I do remember your stomach hurting. But apparently, I momentarily forgot how smart and descriptive you are. I will bone up on synonyms for the digestive system for next time, Mr. Smarty-Pants.

3 comments:

Kathy’s Korner said...

WHO calls a stomach a BAG?

Danielle said...

I am recalling, a while back, when I was trying to explain where the cancer is in Grandpa's stomach, that I used the word bag to describe how the stomach sat in connection to the esophagus. Yup. He can remember that, but he can't remember that I asked him to make his bed AND brush his teeth? ;)

Kimberly said...

That's too funny. I love how he corrects him with another incorrect word!! It was pretty close though, But, he knew what it meant, that's the most important.