Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Hand Signals

The other day, Chase's hot wheel was running in the Gran Prix around my kitchen island. Chase and car ran tirelessly, and noisily, one lap at a time. Nothing new, really. This boy is always moving, while emitting at least one noise out of at least one place on his body. This day's race in my kitchen was pretty much par for the course, except for the fact that dinner prep seemed to be happening in the middle of the raceway. Not to be thwarted, Mr. Earnhardt just ran his car right over my backside, each time he passed. After several noisy laps, the little driver stopped suddenly. When I turned to see what had caused the sudden pit stop, I found the driver standing still, with an awed expression on his face. When I asked him what was wrong, he said,





"Whoa, Mom! Your bum is totally shrinking!"





Poor thing. Apparently, the numbness in his hands is more severe than we thought. What's worse, it's seems to have affected his eye sight, as well.

4 comments:

Kathy’s Korner said...

Do you just have to laugh?! How fun is that?!!!! What a cute kid!

Woodstock Family said...

Way to go girl! That means something when your boy says it! I guess now you need to post a picture of your shrinking body, and give us all your secret!

Birgitta said...

His eye sight is not being effected...I'm sure your back end is shrinking! Job well done!

Becky Mendoza said...

Danielle, that is sooo hilarious!! Thanks for posting that. Made my day! I think your bum is shrinking too. :)