Monday, August 31, 2009

Eyelashes 101

Okay, if you know me really well, you know that I am a little obsessed with eyelashes. Heck, if you don't know me very well, you might stumble on this obsession as well. I think eyelashes are fabulous. I think they make a face look complete. Maybe I like eyelashes because I don't have any...really. I enjoyed my eyelash extensions for two glorious months...loving every minute of them. Eyelashes are the first thing I notice on a persons face. Funny side bar here...

Apparently I am not the only one that notices facial hair on others. I had literally just walked in the door for my sister's wedding. My sister-in-law, from a considerable distance, took one look at me and without batting an eye (pun totally intended there), exclaimed, "Hey, you got your eyebrows waxed!" Either Birgitta has an eye for finer facial hairs, or I had seriously been in need of a weed whacker running across my eyebrows.

Anyway, unbelievably, or not, we ended up on the subject of eyelashes at RS Enrichment a few weeks ago. I was complaining about my stiff, coarse, stinkin' unmanageable eyelashes. A gal in our ward said that if you heat up your eyelash curler before giving your lashes the old squeeze, they will curl better. So, I tried it. I laid my curler on the hair processing tool that I had chosen to tame my beastly hair with that day, and let it heat up. Whoa. Let me say, "BLING". My eyelashes were actually visible. It worked! I could actually still see them by bedtime that night.

So, if you have the same affliction with your lashes as I do mine, give it a try. Just be careful. It does get hot. It is a really weird sensation to burn your eyelid.

3 comments:

Kathy’s Korner said...

You are so funny!!!!

Birgitta said...

Ha, ha, ha! That's funny that you remember that! You truly are funny. Oh, and I have an eye for facial hair.....maybe that's why my eyebrows are SO thin!

I would try it, but I don't own an eye lash curler. Maybe I should invest!

Kristi said...

I love how your blog is so diverse in it's topics. Beauty tips, recipes, crafts, funny stories, daily grind, home improvement, et cetera, et cetera! I love it!!!