Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Our Title of Liberty



Sorry about the blurry picture! My camera was on the wrong setting,
but I was in to big of a hurry to move to the next activity to notice
or to be able to do anything about it!!

I have been wanting to do a special Family Home Evening lesson as we are getting ready to enter the "school years". Things are going to change. Influences will increase. Agency will be tested. I know, it's only kindergarten. But, I need to make sure that I have taught Chase the things he needs to know to be the best kiddo while he is away from us. If you are making fun of me right now, let me assure you; you have no idea!

Anyway, I was looking for an FHE idea to start the school year off right, and the September issue of the Friend came. I took one look at the cover and got my idea. We made our own family's Title of Liberty, with toilet paper rolls, painters tape, and a paper bag. After reviewing Captain Moroni's account in Alma 46, we wrote down and discussed all of the choices that will can make that will help keep us free. I was both impressed and encouraged with Chase's knowlege and desire. Chase wanted to march around the room with the Title, just as Moroni. We topped the night off with a father's blessing for Chase to start the school year. It was a successful and fun Family Home Evening!

3 comments:

Kathy’s Korner said...

Does Chase start school today? It is always tramatic to send a kid to school for the first day, funny thing is they love it. Our grand children are growing up and it seems like birthdays aren't as big a marker as what grade they are in, why is that?

Danielle said...

I don't know, but it is a big deal!! Yup, he starts today. We leave in an hour. Gulp.

Lea Ann said...

I kind of hope that I feel that emotional when Van starts school. With the other 2 it seemed I couldn't get them out the door fast enough. I would like a moment like that.