Saturday, August 22, 2009

My Date




This handsome little man asked me out on a date the other day. I was putting on my make-up and Chase came in to my bathroom. He announced he had to go potty and thought that he would like to come use my bathroom so I could have some company. How thoughtful. How stinky, but how thoughtful.
During our "pot" chat, Chase made the observation that it has been a long time since we have been on a "mother-son" date. So, we planned that Friday, we would have our date. With our favorite food being Chinese, and our Dad not liking it, Chinese seemed the perfect date for the two of us.
We had a perfect date. He was a perfect gentleman. The cute waiter, who barely spoke English, but seemed to read in any language that this kid was starving, took Chase ahead and seated him while I finished paying. When I got to our table, this adorable date of mine invited me to sit down with him. I knew the date was going to go really well.
I can't remember the last time I was on a date with a more handsome gentleman. Oh, unless you count a couple of weeks ago when I sat at a different restaurant table across from the handsome adult version of this little boy.
Thanks for our date, buddy. I am pretty lucky to be the only girl you would be caught in public with. Now that you are getting ready to start school, you may start to realize there are more fish in the sea. Until then, I am happy to be your date!

4 comments:

Jeremy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Birgitta said...

How fun for the two of year. Jeremy and I will take turns and take the kids on dates by themselves every so often. We need to go more often because the kids love it!

Chase is so sweet...he really is growing up! You are teaching to be a gentleman!

Kathy’s Korner said...

What a great little boy he is, you will miss him when he goes to kindergarden. You are looking good, by the way!

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

Chase always does and says the sweetest things to you!! What a neat kid!!