Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Little Boy with the Big Brown Nose

You have to love the sweet, innocent honesty of children...especially when it works out in your favor. When a child tells you that you stink, in public, okay, that's not so nice. But when a child throws a warm fuzzy your way, you can grab it with confidence. You know it's sincere. For the most part.

The other day, Chase sat at the island while I did dishes. We were chatting about this and that. I nonchalantly asked him what he would think if I would get smaller and smaller. He furrowed his brow. I could tell that the wheels were spinning in his head as he was trying to wrap his brain around what I had just asked him. After what felt like an eternity, he finally said,

"Well, then, you'd be a baby."

I said, "No, not this way (arms going from top to bottom), but this way (arms coming in from the side)."

Chase returned to that pensive look. Then, he scrunched up his nose and said,

"No, I wouldn't like that at all. I want you to stay the Mom you are now. I like the way you are now."

Oh, did I mention there would be a nice bonus in your allowance this week, kid? Thanks for the vote of confidence. You make me feel perfect!!

3 comments:

Kathy’s Korner said...

AHHH the perfect love of a child! He does really love you, and you are just practically perfect!

Lea Ann said...

How is that going for you? I haven't heard anything on how that is working for any of your family?

Bastian's said...

kids are the BEST. you're a good mom.
by the way....i love what he said about your feet! funny.