Wednesday, August 12, 2009

New Invention of an Old Idea

You know you have made a good food when your child is too busy eating and making satisfied smacking sounds to even tell you how good it is.


The other day, we wanted grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch. I was a little discouraged when I opened the fridge and realized that I had shredded and frozen all of my cheese. As I was shutting the door, my eye caught a couple of old pieces of Muenster cheese in desperate need of use or toss. Chase and I are quite the turophiles (big word for the day, means lover of cheese). Chase is, however, a little afraid of the orange stuff on the outside of Muenster, thinking it has to be hot. So, I slapped those Muenster slices on the bread, on the QT, ran it up the flag pole to see if Chase would salute. Chase took one bite and was GONE. This is what I saw for the next ten minutes:
Now that's some cheese. It was a tangled web of ooey, gooey cheese. Needless to say, there is now more Muenster cheese in our fridge. We are no longer afraid of the orange stuff. Since Thursday, we have had Muenster quesadillas three times (the fact that they are on homemade tortillas probably bumps up the already good factor!) My nephew Seth ate three. He says they are better than Costa Vida's. Hey, man, that's all the thanks I need.

4 comments:

Birgitta said...

YUM! Zach is NOT a lover of cheese. Maybe I should try muenster and see if he likes it!

Kathy’s Korner said...

Oooey gooey, yum, yum!!1

Cally said...

Seth told me he ate 8!! he loved them, i'll have to get me some muenster!

Sarah Rowley said...

You have a nephew named Seth? Good grief! Boy do I love cheese! One day I went to make dinner and no cheese. After a good 15 minutes of trying to think of a meal that we liked that didn't involve cheese in one form or another, I gave up and went and borrowed some from the inlaws. Pretty sad.