Monday, August 10, 2009

Every Boys Dream


Jeff finished most of the roof on Chase's fort on Saturday evening at about 5 PM. Chase moved in at 5:02. Chase has been in heaven. What boy doesn't want his own fort? For some reason, however, and I just can't imagine where Chase gets these ideas, he thinks he is getting a fully stocked, fully operational Man Cave. I guess it could stem from the fact that his dad has one, one with which Chase enters with an air of reverence and awe. Chase has mapped out where he wants his microwave, for popcorn, and his fridge, for soda. Uh huh. Keep dreaming, kid.
I did, however, settle for the toy b-bque grill, basket of play food, play vacuum, car carpet, sleeping bag and camping chair, and an old phone set, which Jeff even mounted to the wall. What a cool dad. Our three neighbor kids helped Chase move in and played house for hours.
To put the icing on the cake, Jeff and Chase slept out there that night, until it rained. Leaky roof.
It is almost done. I am sure there will be a little more interior decorating. We will paint it and put tin on the roof. I am envisioning a "No Girls Allowed" sign plunked on the side, only because all boys forts have them, not because there will not actually be girls allowed. That rule has already been broken many times over.
Way to go, Dad. You sure know how to make a little boy's dreams come true!!

10 comments:

Cally said...

so fun! Seth says he would love to come over for more quesadillas. That kid has a hollow leg I swear. What am I going to do when he is a teenager??? thanks again!

Kathy’s Korner said...

Positivly impressive

Birgitta said...

way cool! how fun for chase and friends. i think a no girls allowed sign would be perfect!

Melanie said...

Wow, Chase is ONE lucky bug! Cool fort! (I'm not even showing my boys this blog post.)

Kimberly said...

That is so awesome! Every boy may dream of his own fort, but I'm sure only 5 boys on the planet have one that cool. Shoot, I'd like to play in it!

Anonymous said...

What fun! Great job Jeff! Tell Jeff we had some dutch oven cooking at the Fair ( it was so gross) Jeff could have made a killing there. His food is so good!

Becky Hansen said...

My kids would be jealous!! What fun for them, when we come and visit. Have you done any coaxing Jeff to come to Ohio for a visit?

Sarah Rowley said...

Well I AM showing Chad this post. It will either inspire him or intimidate him. I am willing to take that chance.

Kristi said...

It looks fantastic! I'd love to play in it! Great job Jeff!

Jeremy said...

It's my dream too!