Monday, August 24, 2009

We Are Blessed!

I am not sure how many of you will be able to handle a serious post, but I need to take a quick break from the lighter side.

Yesterday, along with many other members of our church, we were able to attend the dedication of the Oquirrh temple. What I am thankful for is

A Prophet. How much does our Heavenly Father love us by giving us this vital connection to the heavens?! What a wonderful prophet he is. We are truly loved and lead by a worthy man who wants us to succeed.

The Sealing Power of the Temple. Our little family would be incomplete if not for this gift. We went over six months without being sealed to our boy. I feel I more fully understand the anxiousness of those who are waiting.

Our Ancestors. I have studied and learned so many of my names in so many of the lines of ancestors that I am beginning to KNOW that I KNOW them. They are real to me. Yesterday I was overcome with emotion for all of the valient spirits waiting for the blessings of the temple. I realized my part in their lives, hundreds of years later.

Such Access to the Temple. Seriously. We are surrounded by temples. I could literally hear the voices of those gone before, singing along with the anthems of Hosannas yesterday. Boy, do we have a lot expected of us.

The Gospel. I am so thankful to know that I am a daughter of my Heavenly Father. I am thankful for His instruction and His patience. I am thankful for the Savior. I know that I have not even come close to comprehending what the Savior can to for me. I am thankful for repentance. It helps me feel like I can catch my breath everyday.

Days Like Today! I am grateful for days like today, when the blessings in my life hit me square in the face. I need days like today.

We are indeed a blessed people!

3 comments:

Birgitta said...

What a beautiful testimony Danielle!

Kathy’s Korner said...

Your beautiful testimony touches me deeply. These are pay days for parents. Love you so much.

Heather said...

Yes, very beautiful testimony Dobben. Thank you for sharing and helping me to feel the spirit.

love you!