Friday, August 21, 2009

Time Flies

While Jeff and I lived in Logan, I had the privilege of working with a group of Young Women for 6 years. I started with the Beehives and went up with them as Miamaids. I unbelivably went up with them as Laurels, as well. During these 6 years, I had what I consider to be the most amazing YW ever put on this planet. When my laurels started leaving, I was released. I have often referred to these girls as my prize during my years of infertility. It was not just these girls that were amazing. All of my YW that came in seemed to have a special aire about them. I truly think I was the luckiest woman ever to get to serve these girls at that time.

Last Friday, one of my former YW, Cassie, was married in the Logan Temple. She had just become a MiaMaid when I was released. Her older sister, Chalice, had been one of the girls that I had followed up the ladder. These girls were special in their own right, but I think even more so because I was also their piano teacher.

Anyway, they all live in Idaho now, so the fact that they came here for the wedding was a bonus. I was soooooooo excited to go! It felt like we had never been apart. Just the sounds of their voices made me nostalgic and a little teary. Sigh. They were all so grown up. Funny thing, though...I am still the same age. Crazy how that works, eh? Even more amazing, I am pretty sure I am still not any more mature. Maybe someday. Hopefully not.

Thanks for inviting me to be a part of your special day, Cassie! You are such a beautiful bride. Chalice, you are an amazing woman! Here's to the next generation of amazing Young Women!



Cassie and John





Cassie with former leaders (Karla came from Illinois)



Chalice, on the right, with her little sis and gma
A few of the former YW troop, battling the wind.
Is anyone surprised at the baby in my arms? This sweet baby belongs to Chalice, gulp. She jumped into my arms and did what all babies seem to do while in my arms...fell asleep.

2 comments:

Kathy’s Korner said...

That is a cute post. How nice that you were able to get close enough to them to go to their weddings.

Fabulous Fillmores said...

love you!!!!