Thursday, February 26, 2009

Too "dog"gone cute

It was our turn for snacks on Tuesday for preschool. We thought that since the theme for the week was pets, we would bring something "animaly-ish". We made puppy cookies and they turned out rather cute, I think. I am also sharing a few pictures of a few other cute treats that we have done over the last couple of years. You will notice a theme, unfortunately. Sugar. I try first to find something that is healthy for the kids. But I come up empty, I abandon the healthy plan and just go for something cute.
Last month's assignment came with the theme of "learning the five senses". I forgot to take a picture of this snack, but was actually quite proud of it. Chase and I made sandwiches on white bread (filled only with raspberry jam, lest any parents come unglued that we fed their children peanut butter while amidst a peanut butter scare!) which we then cut out with a snowmen cookie cutter. We sent over an assortment of nuts, dried fruit, pretzels and chocolate chips and let them decorate their snowmen. Chase's teacher said that they really enjoyed that one. See, I can do healthy!






insect theme



autumn theme



easter



back to school

7 comments:

Melanie said...

Look at you taking pictures of your food. I'm so proud! And talk about creative snacks - love them!

Kimberly said...

Wow!! What will you come up with next. Chase has the most fun, resourseful, creative mom ever. He's pretty lucky!!

Danielle said...

Thanks, Kimbo! And you can be your sweet bippy, Melanie, that I was thinking of you when I took the pictures!

Birgitta said...

Awesome as Always! How fun to come up with these treats for preschool. Chase IS pretty lucky! Cute Cute!

Kathy’s Korner said...

I bet the other mothers just love you!!!! I swear,I don't know where you get it!!!!

Sarah Rowley said...

So cute! My GF made those same cookies for a valentine party we had. Looks like a lot of work to me! I wish I could say I was sad that our school doesn't allow Homemade goodies to be brought in. It's a county health thing I think. But since I am not big on baking, it takes off the pressure to produce masterpieces like the ones you produce!

Kristi said...

In our old school district, everything had to be store bought AND packaged. Here, we can bring in homemade goods. I love all the creative things you have done. I bet Chase and his classmates love it!