Thursday, February 19, 2009

Budding Photographer

Whenever I take my camera out to take a picture, Chase asks if he can take pictures. Kids these days are so smart. They just have to watch you once and they have it down. Since my camera has an unlimited roll of film, I let him take pictures. I have to admit, it does get old. I save a few here and there, but usually spend umpteen minutes deleting them off.


The other day, Chase asked for a photo shoot. I was making dinner and had my back turned and didn't really see most of the things he took pictures of. Later that night, I went through my camera and started deleting pictures. After a few seconds, however, I realized that Chase was taking pictures of things that he liked, played with often, or where important to him. It was then that I looked at these pictures differently. I saved most of them. Lest you think that I really am that sappy, I will probably delete them...sometime....eventually....some day!

I thought I would share some of his pictures with you. Who knows, maybe he is developing an eye to become a great photographer. Maybe he is just playing with a piece of techonology. But in any case, I would love it if that smart 5 year old would teach his mother how to make the pictures not so blurry!



The "doggy" door on his cardboard fort.



His Groundhog Day art.


I am a litle sad about this one. He took a close-up
of this ball. He was pretty proud of that one. It got
axed before I stopped deleting.
The heart from my previous post was taken by Chase. And as it turns out, when I went to upload these photos from my folder, there weren't that many there. Guess I am not as nice as I thought! So much for my so called sentimentality!

2 comments:

Kathy’s Korner said...

I think you are wise to save them. You are looking at the world through Chases eyes. How fun. Great pictures too.

Birgitta said...

What a fun post. When you think of it that way, I shouldn't delete their pictures either.