Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Jeff's 25 Things

I have decided to ask forgiveness instead of permission. Here goes a crack at Jeff!

1. He loathes gum. He won't even touch it in the package. Chase and I love to chew gum.

2. He wants to open a barbeque restaurant someday. Every time he creates a winner at home, it gets added to the "menu".

3. When you say something to him to that makes him think, his eyes scan back and forth, really fast, like a computer. It's actually quite painful to watch.

4. He is one of those that says words incorrectly, but doesn't know it and/or doesn't care. The first time he said "Speedy Un-Call-Ous" (Speedy Gonzales, from Bugs Bunnny), I looked at him like I had married a martian.

5. His least favorite part of family events is the picture taking. He drives everyone nuts. He's "that" guy...funny faces, finger up nose, bunny ears, etc.

6. He has never left the toilet seat up.

7. He watches chick flicks with his wife, and likes them. His wife loves that.

8. He actually has an elevator music channel set to his XM radio in his truck. I can tell when he has had "passengers"...it's set to rock.

9. His dream calling is to be the ward librarian. Still holding out for that one.

10. Jeff secretly wants to fulfill Jeremy's need for a Harley.

11. On a bad hair day, Jeff looks like Elvis.

12. Jeff can't stand mint flavored anything. The smell, the taste, anything. It makes purchasing toothpaste an event. However, when I make mud pie, he insists that I use Mint Chocolate Chip icecream. Hmmmm.

13. Jeff is the jack of all trades...and the master of ALL. It is easy to feel very secure when he is around.

14. Jeff laughs at his own jokes. I laugh at him laughing at his own jokes. His jokes aren't that funny.

15. Jeff's favorite movie is Blazing Saddles. No need to say more.

16. Jeff gets very moved by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

17. Jeff has a very wide peripheral vision. When asked the question, "How do I look", he gets accused of answering "good", without looking. When asked, "Oh, really, what am I wearing then", he can answer perfectly. It's aggrevating.

18. Jeff almost drowned when he was younger. Jeff hates to swim.

19. He doesn't think he's addicted to Coke. Ahem.

20. Jeff turns into a puddle when he comes home to the smell of baking bread.

21. He turns 16 when he gets on a 4-wheeler.

22. When we get money back for taxes, Jeff always asks me if he can borrow some. That is so funny to me!

23. He honestly doesn't know how talented he is.

24. Jeff cannot carry a tune, but he sings with gusto when singing to Chase at bedtime. Chase loves it.

25. Jeff would give you the shirt off of his back. Just do not ask him to share his mother-in-laws almond roca with you.

Phew! There is Jeff!

8 comments:

Kimberly said...

That's a great list. It describes him perfectly! I didn't know he wanted to open a restaurant. That would make sense. He quite gourmet!

Birgitta said...

Nice list Danielle! I wonder what Jeremy will say about the Harley!

I look forward to Jeff's restaurant...it will be out of this world.

I think Jeff is funny!

I mess up words all the time too. I say a lot of saying incorrectly. But hey, I suppose that's a moo point.

Kathy’s Korner said...

Jeff will love that list! Great post. I didn't know he hates gum. So does Seth. I should make almond roca more!

Sarah Rowley said...

Fun! Poor Jeff. Next to your dad's sense of humor, he doesn't stand a chance does he?
You two must have such a great time together!

Heather said...

mooooo.. that's funny birg.

That list was perfect. I didn't know he hates gum either.. and I guess It hasn't sunk in that he doesn't like mint.. weirdo.

I'll be the first in line when he opens his Chef Jeff.

He is so talented it's WRONG! Glad he's in the fam.

Lea Ann said...

That was good. I don't think there was anything in there to be ashamed of. And since I don't know Jeff at all it was nice to learn some things.

Birgitta said...

"What in the wide world of sports is goin on here"

I want a white one, with a blue Y painted on the tank. But I think I would get beat up if I did. He can defiantly help me pick one out.

Kristi said...

These were so fun to read! I think you've hit on something here, Danielle. I think it would be fun to have a 25 random things about my spouse list. I wonder how lists would compare.