Sunday, February 22, 2009

Scrapin' Fever

I started photojouraling when I was a teacher, about 8 years ago. I started with a small box, smaller than a shoe box. I did very simple pages, focusing on the journaling of events and pictures. Since I had the summers off from teaching, there was no excuse to not hit it hard.
I did my basic childhood (whatever picutures I was able to steal from my mom!) until 1999, four years after marriage. I thought I was going great guns. Then, Chase was born in 2003 and everything came to a wonderful stand still.
About a year and a half ago, I decided that it was high time that I get started again and get some of Chase scrapbooked. So, instead of starting at 1999 and playing catchup, I have started with Chase's birth and worked forward. Can I tell you how much I have loved doing this? I have been given a wonderful opportunity, through my sister-in-law who has a scrapbook room set up in her basement, to come and scrapbook. I had always thought that to really get involved with scrapbooking, you had to spend way too much time holed up in a room, spending way too much money on the newest trendiest fashions. Well, I have done neither and am having the time of my life! My new collection of scrapbooking materials represents all of my birthday and nearly all of my Christmas presents, via gift certificates and a sister who sells Stampin' Up. My time represents Thursdays, a day which I am very protective of and which Chase and I really look forward to. I complete 12-30 pages and Chase plays and plays with his cousins. Win, Win!!

I am not sure why I feel like I am all of a sudden sprinting toward a finish line. Maybe a new baby is coming soon and I am wanting to be caught up, or maybe I want to finish because this really is an ideal situation to work in and can't last long. Who knows. But I am having fun in the mean time. It took three albums to do Chase's first year. That baby couldn't blow a spit bubble without me having a camera in his face! Two albums represent his next year and one his next. I finally got my picture taking under control! At the rate I am going, I will have 2003 to 2009 done by the end of this year. Can we say, YEAH!!! I share this not to brag, but to put it out there in the cosmos. If I say it to an audience, I have to do it. So let it be written, so let it be said!

Here a just a few of my favorite pages:




my new "box" of supplies



our sealing









one of his blessing outfit sittings

5 comments:

Heather said...

That is so great Danielle! You'll be SO glad you have these, and the conditions do sound perfect. I'm so glad you have this opportunity.

You're pages are beautiful!

Kathy’s Korner said...

What wonderful progress! I am so glad you have a good sitution. I will have to look at your scrapbooks the next time I come.

Kathy’s Korner said...

PS. Your pages look pretty creative to me!!!!!!! Heather and I were commenting at the same time. How common is that in a conversation!:)

Kimberly said...

That's totally awesome. The pages are amazing!! You should see mine. BORING!

Birgitta said...

Keep up the great work Danielle...the conditions are RIPE...go, go, go! I've seen a couple of your books and your pages are nice and creative. Cute, cute.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with all my pictures and now digital pictures. It's overwhelming and so I do nothing. Maybe I can focus on something after I finish with school.