Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Plum Crazy

It's official. I have lost my mind. Oh, there have been moments when it has been in question, but I have been holding out hope. But, no. It is lost. I have done gone and lost my marbles.

The other day I was cleaning the house while Chase was at preschool. When it was time to go get him, I was in desperate need of an outfit change. I put my pants on in my bedroom, grabbed my bra and started walking toward the door. I put my bra on as I walked. I opened the back door to the garage and headed out. It had felt that I had been through the effort of getting dressed... you know, the stuggle of getting the over-the-shoulder-boulder-holder on. Since it felt that I had been through the effort, therefore it must be done, right?!

I was just about to clear the automatic garage door to our driveway when I realized that I was a little cold. That led me to the realization that I was nearly naked. That led me to the realization that I was outside...with people...naked. That led me to the realization that I have begun the process of losing my mind.

There is always that hope that I can find it, in snippits, at least. I do have rather bright moments on occasion.

Here's to the beginning of the end. Let's just hope that I can make it to the end fully clothed. There is no need for you all to suffer with me.

7 comments:

Lea Ann said...

That is funny. I feel the same way about my mind but I haven't done the naked in public thing yet. I am glad I have that to look forward too.

Melanie said...

Ha! Are you kidding? I would have told you, if I had seen you like that, if that makes you feel better.

Woodstock Family said...

Absolutely hilarious Danielle! I've done something like that, and it definitely is embarrassing! Thanks for sharing so we all could have a laugh in our tough days!

Kathy’s Korner said...

My friend,who I thought was all present walked out of her bedroom to her bathroom with her top stark naked! She forgot that she wasn't dressed and that her girls were in there. They started singing "hang low sweet,,,," It happens to the best of us. It is embarasing, but not the lose of your mind. Your fine!

Birgitta said...

Uh, so where was your bra? Where was your shirt? I need more explanation so I can picture the nakedness! :)

Heather said...

HA! that's really funny. and embarassing.. add one more to the list! :)

So were there really people out there? or are you just thinking that someone saw?

Freeman Family said...

This is my biggest fear. I know I'm going to show up to church, take off my coat and find my religion showing....at least I'll be in good company.