Friday, February 13, 2009

Fish & Fudge

After Chase's primary activity on Saturday, he came home and pulled out the lining of his pockets and said, "Nope. Nothing. My pockets are empty. No fishing game." It both cracked me up and broke my heart. For some reason, Chase LOVES the fishing game. So, for a fun FHE on Monday, we set up a fish pond, invited our nonmember friends and went fishing. We enjoyed homemade fudge for dessert. Incidentally, it makes for a very fun too-cold-to-go-outside-been-inside-too-long-going-out-of-my-mind-get-me-out-of-here activity. Chase and the boy we babysit collect items from around the house and "suprise" each other. It's been a big hit.



Chase and Casey cutting out the fish




The finished product



Casey fishing.



Chase fishing. That's Jeff head behind the sheet.
He was the big fish.



The happy fishermen.

5 comments:

Kathy’s Korner said...

Fun game, cute curtain, I am sorry Chase didn't catch any fish at the activity. Is that legal? Maybe he ate it or lost it. But cute to watch him pull out his pockets. Give him a big love for us!!!!

Heather said...

Wow you guys really go all out! You should make a book with all the activities you've done with Chase!

Glad he finally got to go fishing!

Birgitta said...

Cute game...cute pond sheet. Heather is right! You really are amazing with the activities and cooking you do with Chase. Chase will always remember this!

Danielle said...

That's so funny, guys! Right now I fee like a lame mom! I don't feel like I do enough with him. It's all in the eye of the beholder, right?

Kristi said...

Cute idea! Lucky kids!