Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Belated Valentines

So, yeah, I am a little late with a Valentines post. We are in the process of switching from our 10 year old computer to our new one. It's a fury of old computer dying and trying to save pictures and other vital stuff around here! We've moved the pictures, so the blogging can continue. Phew!

We did something fun for Valentines this year. That is so unlike me...not my favorite holiday. BUT, you do strange things for those cute little people you call your kids. Every morning for the week of Valentines, Chase woke up to a valentine treat in a little mailbox from my teacher days. He absolutely loved it. Of course. I mean, what says "I love you", more than a zippy child hopped up on sugar?! Anyway, fun tradition started, I think. Chase slipped me many love notes in return in the mailbox. Sweet kid. Get it? Sweet? Sugar? Right.

Valentine's Day itself was a little slow. Just one more treat in the mailbox and some card exchanges. Again, not my favorite holiday. Jeff and Chase, however, did a bang up job with the cards.

My friend Krista did a fun post about doing an etch and sketch in sugar or flour in a pan. Thanks, Krista! Fun activity. Posted is a picture of Chase drawing me a love note in sugar during one of our etch and sketch activities (one of his new favorites). What is it with the sugar?! And don't you love how his heart looks like the silhouette of a bunny rabbit?

Hope your love day was filled with love!




one of the love notes Chase made for me.


exchanging cards



my "sweetie" pie






5 comments:

Woodstock Family said...

Glad you enjoyed the "sugar" activity! So fun! My boys keep asking to do it again, but I keep putting it off because of the sticky mess! What a fun tradition for Valentines, I'd love to try that next year.

Kimberly said...

That's is too fun/cute. I'm excited for fun activities with Baylee. It's exciting to get traditions started!

Birgitta said...

What a lovely tradition of dropping notes and candies in a mailbox. I really like Valentines and I want to celebrate it with my kids (not just Jeremy). Up to this point I haven't figured out what that new tradition is going to be.

I thought about a heart attack my kids wake up to. I've thought about giving them a new stuffed animal. I thought about taking them to the chocolate factory. I've thought about giving each of them a bouquet of balloons. I'm not stuck on any of it. I like the mailbox idea.

Birgitta said...

Actually, I have thought about having a mailbox on a regular basis. Leaving notes for the kids and having my kids leave notes for each other. Not really for valentines...just an every day thing.

Kathy’s Korner said...

Cute post Danielle. Fun with the etch a sketch. Chase is such a loving and fun boy!!
Good idear for the mail box year round Birg.
Glad youu were able to save your picture! DP