Tuesday, May 12, 2009

That's A Good Trick, No?

Jeff has been going through somewhat of a second adolescence. He has been playing practical joke after practical joke. Chase used to shoot me a look as if to ask, "Is that really true, Mom?" Now, he has become completely impervious to it. Doesn't even phase him anymore.


Today, as we were dropping our daddy off after a lunch with him, Jeff was trying to get Chase to believe that there was a monkey in our freezer, holding a hammer to chop up the ice for the ice dispenser. I was waiting for the look, but it never came. Chase wasn't about to be duped. He's on to his dad's tricks. A few times on the way home, Chase mentioned that he was going to go home and see this monkey. I was pretty sure that Chase knew that Jeff was joking, but for some reason, Chase was playing along. I mean, sheesh. Of all the jokes to fall for! A monkey in the freezer? Wielding a hammer? Come on!

As we pulled into the garage at home, Chase told me not to come in the house. He told me to stand outside the door and wait until he said it was okay to come in. I was really surprised that he wanted to see the "monkey" by himself. I thought maybe he would be a little nervous about the whole thing.

After about 2 minutes of hanging out in the garage, I knocked on the door and Chase threw it open excitedly and exclaimed,



"Mom! Mom! There really IS monkey in the freezer! LOOK!"



I opened the freezer, thinking that I would be a fun mother and play along. I didn't have to pretend for long. This is what I found:



















Seriously. I think we are in trouble here. This kid has no chance whatsoever with the two of us as parents. Jeff and I are still reeling from the cleverness of this kid. Guess this apple isn't falling far from this tree!

7 comments:

Birgitta said...

that's awesome! LOL! That is a good trick Jeff!

Love the title too... :)

Danielle said...

No, Birg! It was Chase who put the monkey in the freezer. Chase must have thought that that was a pretty funny idea and decided to make it come "true". We left George in the freezer for Jeff to see when he got home. I thought Jeff was going to wet his pants!

Kathy’s Korner said...

That is really cute that your family is having so much fun with the fun tricks, Chase gets it!!!!!! Look out Jeff and Danielle, you are in for a fun ride!!!!!

Kimberly said...

That's funny. I was wondering why it took Chase so long to look in the freezer! Funny stuff

Kirk & Heather said...

Hehehe. that is hilarious. I love that boy!

Anonymous said...

Danielle, this was good for a belly laugh! Made my day. Cindy

Sarah Rowley said...

He IS very clever! As long as he doesn't start hiding fake spiders and snakes in your bed!