Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Ah, Sweetness

I have a cold. A stupid, stupid cold. I can't even rememer that last time I had a cold. I have not had one FOREVER. But, now I have a cold. At the end of May even. What's up with this?!

I woke up this morning, tired, groggy, feeling like it was a crime against humanity to have to get up and deal. Feeling lazy down to my toes, I consented when a very hungry, very abandoned 5 year old came in and asked me if he could make his own toast.

I heard humming in the kitchen as this cute little boy made his own breakfast. Little snippets of guilt are running through my very tired mind as I lay there rebeling against the world. What kind of mom makes her child make his own breakfast because she is too tired to get up? What kind of day is it going to be when I let it start like this?

A few minutes later, that fabulous 5-year old brought ME breakfast in bed; two mangled and very buttered pieces of toast, on a paper plate.

Nevermind. I think this is going to be a GREAT day!

5 comments:

Kristi said...

That is the sweetest thing I've heard in a while. What a nice and thoughtful boy.

Kathy’s Korner said...

Ahh Sweetness. Give him hugs for Grandma!!!!! Too cute, love that little boy. Hey Sharon Jensen, Kirby's wife had a broken leg when her girls were you 4 & 5 and they had to do the laundry. Kids are amazing! Hope you get feeling better!

Birgitta said...

What a thoughtful little Chase. I'm sure it made your day! :0)

Give him a hug and kiss from me and tell him I love him and proud of him!

Kimberly said...

That is so tender. He comes up with the cutest stuff!

Lea Ann said...

I have to admit that my boys get their breakfast most mornings because I am too lazy. But Chase wins. Mine wouldn't think to bring me breakfast in bed. You have a keeper there.