Thursday, May 21, 2009

Oh, Brother

Last night at a RS Enrichment class, I was expressing my concern and reticence at Chase's approach to kindergarten. It is his last day of preschool today. My dream last night leads me to believe I am having more anxiety for kindergarten than I thought.

I was acting like typical fashion me. We were going to the school to find out who Chase's teacher would be. Of course, I had to take pictures so I could document this monumental occasion and make the typical big deal out of it. Next thing I know, I had somehow missed the memo that this was really the first day of kindergarten, and, I was in my underwear. Chase somehow got the message that school was starting because he was in class. Which class? I don't know. I was coming to find the list, but the list was gone.

I wanted to peek my head in and see Chase in his class, but Jeff reminded me that I was in my underwear. Jeff then announced to me that he had had enough...he was going home. As he was leaving the school in his truck, I wanted to ask him to bring me some clothes so I could go see Chase in his class. He sped off too fast. So, I thought I would call him. Whoops, my cell phone is in the school. I can't go in...I'm in my underwear. So, I jump in my car and try to go home. None of the pedals are working and the car rolls to a stop...in the only entrance/exit to the school. Now everyone is really mad, screaming at the lady in her underwear. So, I start running home. In my underwear. Oh, yeah. It wasn't pretty. I am always skinny in every dream I have...EXCEPT this one!!

I make it home, frantically trying to get some clothes on so I can get back to the school and try to be involved somewhat in the big day that I am missing. All of a sudden, my sister in law brings Chase home. He has told her all about his first day of school and doesn't want to say it all over again for me. I missed it. I missed his big day.

Sigh. I know. I need to take a deep breath and a chill pill. Holy crap. It's only the last day of preschool.

4 comments:

Kathy’s Korner said...

Oh Brother! :=) !!!!!!

Birgitta said...

I read your post a long time ago, but I realized I never left a comment!

I think your dream is hilarious! Let me tell you what, I'm not at all anxious about Alaina starting kindergarten...I wish it started next week!

Anonymous said...

I love your posts! Seriously.. time to start writing a book! I would buy. You made my day!!!

Kristi said...

Anxiety dreams are lovely, aren't they? I bet you were glad when you woke up!