Saturday, May 9, 2009

Slip Of The Tongue? I Think Not!

By evening, the other day, Chase was nearing the end of his ever-loving rope. He was so crabby that he was literally holding on by a thread. I could have said, "Hey, Chase, the sky is blue" and he would have melted into a puddle exclaiming, "Why?! Whyy?! WHYYY!?" As we pulled into the driveway and got out of the truck from running some errands, it was 7pm. 7pm as a normal bedtime would normally seem a little early. But to the parent of a child who is coming undone at the seams, 7 is GREAT!! So, I looked at Chase and said,

"Whoa, Buddy! It is SO time for you to go to bed! We need to put you out of our misery."

I halted a little after that came out of my mouth. Jeff stopped to look at me and we BUSTED up laughing. I didn't MEAN to say it that way. But as soon as I said it, I MEANT it!

Ah, here's to all of the things we say that we swore we would never say as parents!

3 comments:

Jeremy said...

Danielle, you made a funny! We had a day like that yesterday with Alaina, and the day before that was Celeste's meltdown. I tell ya what bedtime never comes soon enough at our house.

Jeremy said...

this is Birgitta

Kathy’s Korner said...

I so get it!!!