Monday, February 1, 2010

Diving In

The hardest part about blogging after being away from the blogging world for such a long time is...blogging. There is always the "looming" post that you feel you should make before any other posts can butt their way in. In the attempt to stave off said post, the gap between posts seems to grow. So, I am just diving in. No order. No reason. Just a post.

On the way home from Provo last night (one of two reasons for the three week gap in posts), Chase and I were having a delightful little chat about this, and that. As we hit Brigham City, Chase mentioned to me that he had seen a water part somewhere "way back there", and it looked pretty fun. I asked him why he hadn't shown it to me "way back there". He reminded me that I had been talking on the cell phone when it went by...and he didn't want to interrupt me. Nice boy. A first. But, nice.

He continued to describe all of the fun things that he had seen in this water world. He said that he even thinks he saw a waterfall ride with a log, or something like that. Pretty good eyeballing, seeing that everything is covered in snow, and frozen. Anyway, I was enjoying our chat and kept the discussion going. He excitedly told me that he thinks that this would make a really fun Mom and Son date. I happily concurred. I decided to match his enthusiasm while asking,

"And do you know what is going to be extra fun about that?"

"No! What!?!"

"I am even skinnier this summer than last summer! I will be able to..."

"Fit in the log?"

Pphtt...no. What I was GOING to say was "buy a new swimsuit." I suppose, however, that I will become relatively happy with fitting more comfortably and looking more proportionately beautiful in...a log.

5 comments:

Birgitta said...

bwaha haha!!! Nice one Chase!

Birgitta said...

We had a fun weekend with you two! Thanks for coming!

Jessica said...

Oh Chase, thats great! I love their reasoning, and yeah for a new swimsuit!!!

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

That is great! My mom said she got to see you the other day and she said you looked amazing!!

Kathy’s Korner said...

Happy log floating, who knew all the things your new skinny body could do?