Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Best Purchase of 2009?

Grandma and Grandpa sent us some money for Christmas. Chase and I carefully laid out our little wish list of what special things we would like to purchase with such special money.


This is what we bought:







Deseret Book sells these little gems. Chase has fallen in love with these books. He carries them around. He puts them in their special place. He considers them a "good read". It makes his day to peruse their pages, scouting out fun activities to do with Mom and Dad.

I am thrilled that this Handsome Harry finds nothing greater, than to spend time with his parents. Being an only child creates an interesting dynamic in a family. This sweet pea would love nothing more than to have a brother to conspire with, and a sister fight with. But, for now, we are making the grade. At least when he is not playing with his friends, mind you.





This was our first Mom/Son activity from our new book. He picked this one out while we were still in the car, on the way home from Deseret Book. These are our Jell-o boats, made from hollowed out oranges, and, uh, Jell-o. The next morning, we slurped them for an after breakfast snack. He was pretty pleased with us. So was I.


It is amazing how much a parent can accomplish when they take the time to get on the floor and play with their child. Life seems to stop, and get very simple, when the focus is where it needs to be. Why do I keep forgetting this?


Now, if I could only find a magic book that helps me summon the magical fairy that can do my laundry, cooking, bills, house cleaning, every day life...so I can play with my favorite 6-year old all day. Until then, you will pardon my clutter, won't you? I am busy discovering the cure for parental frustration.

4 comments:

Birgitta said...

Those orange boats are cute. I found a recipe from Kraft - it was the same idea except in cantaloupe wedges. I made them a couple of times during the summer...they were a perfect treat. Enjoy your activities!

Kathy’s Korner said...

I am glad he loves those books, he is a special child.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

"Busy discovering the cure for parental frustration." What an endorsement!

Heather said...

That is so cool Danielle! I have always admired you as a mother and the time you take to really pay attention to Chase and play with him like you do. You will always be best friends I think. Although the girls better watch out when it comes time for him to date eh?

I didn't see the post on Chase's room until just now! holy cow it looks amazing! That rocket ship is incredible, and his bedding and all the planets and just everything.. so cool!!