Sunday, January 10, 2010

Gag Me With A Spoon

I know we have a tendency to think that our own children are the cutest, sweetest, funniest, generally most fabulous children. Most of the time, at least. But seriously, I really do think that this boy is quite amazing. He is one funny nugget. After being away from this sport for a whole week, I have come to really love the little things about him. I just plain get a kick out of the way he talks. I love to sit really close to him, and watch the way his mouth moves when he talks. He has such adorable annunciation. I am not the least bit biased, right?





While in Provo,I was able to visit with this boy every night, before bedtime, thanks to our webcam Skype. I missed him so much. After a couple of days away from him, I was really missing his big brown eyes. I asked him to look up close in the camera and let me see his fabulous eyes. He got up close, batted his eye lashes a bit, then winked at me. Ooooh. Be still my heart.


The first night that I was home, I afforded myself some extra snuggle time with him at bedtime, so we could have a long chat. He was really chatting it up with me. We covered quite a few topics, probably limited to the interest of adorable 6-year old, and their adoring mothers. My personal favorite topic of the night? Hot cereal.


My bub informed me that one morning, he had wanted hot cereal for breakfast. There wasn't any of his favorite kind left, so he decided to try the less appealing oatmeal...which has always had less than stellar results for this kid. This experience was no exception:


"You tried oatmeal? Did you like it this time?"


"No, I really don't like oatmeal. Do you know why I don't like oatmeal?


"Nope. Why don't you like oatmeal?"


"I like the taste of it. I just don't like the feel of it in my throat. After a few bites, it always get stuck in my throat. It makes me gag. Do you know what I have to do when things get stuck in my throat and make me gag? I have to reach down and scrape it off with my tongue."


He gave me a complete visual.


I sure love this kid. He is the bestest ever. I am so glad that I get to be his mom. He can even make a boring breakfast seem like a marvelous adventure. Thanks for making my day, son!

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

That is a perfect description. It is tough to swallow! He's too cute!

Kathy’s Korner said...

What a cutie!!!!!

Heather said...

Speaking of Gag me with a spoon.. what's with the juicy picture of mom and dad kissing!! Gag me with a spoon!!! :)

Kidding Mom..

I'm glad you finally got to go home to be with your sweetie pie boy. He really is so awesome.

Jack is laying here next to me on the couch, just wide awake! and he just made the biggest stinkiest poopy diaper of his entire life. I almost threw up. :)

Have a wonderful week!

Birgitta said...

Funny KID!