Monday, January 11, 2010

A Room In the Inn...Finally

Chase was a little surprise baby, to say the least. Our new house was only semi-ready for a little baby. We didn't care! You know what they say. Babies can sleep in a drawer, right?

I presume to have a few talents. Choosing paint colors for walls, and decorating said walls, are not on the list of great can-do's. Chase was destined to move in...as is. The poor little fellow was stuck with the paint color already slapped on the wall. He was even more stuck with a mama who lack any creativity to know what else to do to his little haven, to make it more haven-like.
Until now.

Yup. I finally got it together. It only took six years. But. He finally has a room! He is absolutely in LOVE with his new pad. I have to admit, it looks like some celestial being heaved galactic goo all over the place. But. He finally has a room! We are pretty pleased with the outcome. We used our creativity to make half of the decor, and Christmas and birthday gifts for the rest. I have signed myself up to make a valance to match his bedspread. Sigh. But. He finally has a room!


Here are some pics to prove it:




Chase has had a love affair with the planets, and all things stellar since the age of two. It was only fitting that his room take him on a trip to outer space. He wanted black walls. Nope can do. The dark blue represents a compromise, and the fact that mom found some really cool pictures depicting outer space in shades of dark blue. Mom's so smart.


While I do consider myself somewhat proficient with the names and colors and functions of the planets (thanks to an inquisitive child...and the Internet), I can only vouch for them being in the right order, not the right placement. They are placed according the the aesthetically pleasing eye of the decorator. Notice, Uncle Erik. Pluto made the cut. Oh, if you could have only been a fly on the wall when I tried to explain to Chase why some were ousting Pluto as an official planet. HILARIOUS! Let's just say, Pluto is safe in our book.

Chase's new bed and closet.


All of the things most important to Chase.

Bob. The recipe cards stuck in Bob's eyeball are Chase's Christmas presents to his robot buddy. He is so considerate, no? He has also seen fit to include Bob in the decorating of the season. He has a painted ice skate on his shoulder.
Enjoy your new room, Buddy! Sorry it took so long. At least we do have the proof that you DIDN'T have to sleep in a drawer...thank goodness.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Love it! That looks amazing. I also love his new bed that is a great room, and I am guessing it was worth the wait.

SANDERSON / MCCONKIE FAMILY said...

I love the room. What a fun theme! The beauty of the woods shows. I think the planets and stars teach our children about a loving Heavenly Father...you did Good...Real Good!!! I love the photo of your Mom and Dad. How incredibly tender and fun!!!

Kathy’s Korner said...

Love that new room, I have been waiting to see you. Yes you did good!

Birgitta said...

Fantastic! I love the wooden spaceship..that is sweet!

The Strawn Family said...

CUTE!!!