Tuesday, February 9, 2010

100

Today was 100 day at school today.

Wow. 100. Seems like we started just yesterday.

To kick off 100 day, Chase awakened to 100 paper hearts taped around his bed. I would go in and take a picture to share, but I can hear that my squirt is not completely out yet. I would set off 100 more questions, accompanied by the need for 100 more goodnight hugs and kisses.




For math today, each child was asked to bring 100 small items, to be compared, and weighed.

Chase is 100% my carbon copy...which makes him 100% competitive.

He was 100% sure he wanted to take the heaviest small items.

He chose...100 batteries.




You can be sure he was reminded 100 times to make sure those 100 batteries came home with him today.

It was only a slight exaggeration when I mentioned that that was about $100 worth of hardware...to add to the dramatic effect.

He almost changed his mind when he put them in his "pack-pack", causing it to weigh a near 100 pounds. He then said, it would be worth the struggle.



His after-school-report-to-mom-of-all-things-awesome was delivered at about 100 decibels. He said they did about 100 of the bestest, most fun activities for their fabulous 100 day.

Only one negative. He thought 100 meant the end of kindergarten. He thought 100 days was all he signed up for. He was planning on moving up to the first grade for tomorrow. Thank goodness that's not true. He handled the news pretty well when his teacher set him straight. I won't overwhelm him by breaking it to him, that he has about 100...thousand more.

Oh, I love you 100 times to the moon and back, Chaser Beans. I feel 100 times more blessed now, since I have been chosen to be your mom. Thank goodness you don't really get to move on in 100 days. Time marches on too fast as it is.


PS I know what you all are thinking. Who has 100 batteries laying around their house? We had 104 to be exact. Thanks to Sam's Club, even such staples as batteries have made it onto my "food storage" shelves. Won't I be your favorite in a crisis?

PPS Sorry about the 100 changes to the background of my blog. There are about 100 million choices of cute blog backs out there. The closer I get to 100, the harder time I seem to have making up my mind.

5 comments:

Birgitta said...

Thank you for the PS - I really needed to know who had 100 batteries!

Alaina took 100 kix to school this morning. Good Day! The kids love it!

Jessica said...

Thats perfect! Nate took 100 conversation hearts. He was so excited about it, and then apparently didn't even pull them out of his backpack! Kids!

SANDERSON / MCCONKIE FAMILY said...

Gotta love Utah...Never heard of day 100! Made me think of all the things I have 100 of. Fun times!!!

Heather said...

I am 100% sure I can't think of anything witty to say right now. bummer.

BUT that was a very fun post! Did he win the weight contest? was it worth the struggle?

So I guess this is a whole state-wide thing huh? How fun, especially for the moms huh? :)

Kristi said...

Okay, I was sure I had commented on this a week ago. I haven't been the best at commenting lately. The battery idea is a good one especially for the weight! Bryn just had to bring in a bag of 100 edibles for a 100th day gorp. I haven't had kids in school in any other state, but we do celebrate it here in Kansas.