Thursday, February 4, 2010

Dad-Dad-Daddy-O

The week after I went to Provo to help my sister with her new baby, I was able to turn around and head up to my home town in Washington State to help my parents. I have to say, though, that for me, it wasn't all about the help. It was just flat out amazing to get to there on the front lines with my parents; to get to see for myself how they are doing. And, I must add, they are doing pretty fabulous.


I regretfully, yet not surprisingly, did not get any more pictures than the one above. Sigh. This picture was taken in Seattle, just before we headed home to Moses Lake. Love the bags and tired face I am sporting. My dad, on the other hand...doesn't he look GREAT!?! We hit the ground running and got right to work. We were so busy every day, doing everything, but feeling like we accomplished nothing. But, they do at least, have very shiny cabinets, walls, doors, and floorboards. I had to be good for something!

I was able to be there for nearly two weeks. It was hard to be away from home for that long, but still a necessary trip. For me, at least.


My time with my parents has reaffirmed a few things for me:


They are amazing people


They have the faith to move mountains


Man, do I love them


It's hard to see people you love go through something hard


I will never be too old to be homesick and need my parents around!!

Thank you for being so strong for us, Mom and Dad. I am in complete awe of your strength, and faith. I have learned so much from watching you two for the past 5 months. You are amazing companions to each other, and faithful servants to the Lord. We love you.

4 comments:

SANDERSON / MCCONKIE FAMILY said...

Amen! I know that your Dad stepped up to the task and treated Nicole like a Dad when she was struggling in the absence of her own father. You make a difference Danielle...you are your parents daughter in every sense of the word! Spring is full of miracles...praying for some to sprinkle on your dad!!! :)

Heather said...

Jack is asleep and I just realized I haven't checked blogs in ages! And I don't have to type one handed so I'm seizing the moment :)

Thank you for going to help Mom and Dad. I'm so glad that you and Seth both got to go to be there to support them. And I know you did so so much to help them. I'm sure they were very sad to leave.

It was so fun to have you hear last weekend. It was fun to hang out and go shopping and just enjoy everyone!

Birgitta said...

I sure love that daddy o! Your parents ARE amazing!

Sarah Rowley said...

That is so awesome that you got to spend so much time with your parents. They are incredible people and an example to us all!

You look amazing, by the way!