Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lego My Lego

Following our Family Home Evening lesson on Monday, we had a family activity that was planned by one of the male persons that lives at our house. I am not sure which. The tall one says that the shorter one really wanted to do this activity. The short one says it was the tall one's idea. But in any case, it was fun, and very clever.

The two boy dudes at our house loooooove to play with Lego's. After building their own fleet of fabulously amazing cars, naturally, a race was born. The tall male came home with a large PVC pipe derby track. Boys.

Since the Testosterone Team already had vehicles, I set out to see what I could create. The shorter male was given a crash course in the differences between boys and girls. I dumped out the huge bin of building blocks, sifting through the wreckage for anything that looked car-ish, since I have noooo idea how to build a car. After asking me if I wanted help in gathering parts for my collection, Chase asked me what it was that I was going for, specifically. I answered, "Oh, anything fun, or cute." Chase threw a nervous glance, accompanied by a questioning giggle, at his Dad. What? Build a car based on cute? Can you do that? Different genetic make-up, I tell ya.

I do have to mention, however, my cuteness was apparently a little catchy. At starting time, Chase's race entries showed up at the start line, sporting some extra, and fun accessories. Don't knock it 'til you try it, bud.


This was the boy's first entry.



This was the Mom's one and only entry. My Seuss-mobile. I am quite proud.




These are the participating vehicles. Pretty impressive. The three in the middle ended up being the big contenders. Duh.




This is the derby track, and a very happy munchkin. He had just beaten his dad in the previous heat.



This is Heat 92. I was eliminated in Heat 3, due to the fact that my driver's appendages fell off, causing a debris field on the track. It's okay. I appointed myself Race Photographer.
This is the joyful, shorter racer, enjoying some sugary syrupy sauce, mixed in with a few snow cone shavings. I am not sure I can completely tell by the expression on his face, but I think the boy dude had a really great time.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

What a fun activity! I think that the cute factor wins every time.

Kathy’s Korner said...

Fun, just in time for my talk!

Leslie said...

How fun!! I love the track!

Birgitta said...

How fun and very creative. I love family activities that go well and everybody ends happy!

Kristi said...

Wow! I love the track! What a fun FHE idea! Can I come next time?