Monday, November 16, 2009

What The......?

I haven't decided what I like better; same old, same old, or feeling like the title of the old movie "The God's Must Be Crazy" has become your daily mantra. Seems like around our house these days, everything is topsy turvey. Everything is changing. Whether the change be for the better or for the worse, there is always someone that is left there thinking, "What the...?"

What the...is going on at our house?

There are bees in our basement. Really. We don't know where the source is. We find the whole thing rather odd. Chase's friend got stung, on the bum, in our house, playing with toys. They were all thinking "What the...?!"

It's only the 16th, and my visiting teaching has been done for a whole week. What the...!?

My dad has nearly finished six long weeks of chemo and radiation for stomach cancer. Cancer? Seriously? A BIG WHAT THE...!

I have lost 52 pounds since July. WHAT THE...!! Along with all of those poundages, I have lost inches off of many body parts, some mentionables, some not so mentionable. I am soooo close to leading our choir with only one part of my arm. So close. I am down almost 4 jean sizes. And, I like my bum. Whoa! What the...?

We have had Chase at the hospital or doctor's SIX times in FOUR weeks. I am sure the docs are thinking, "What the...?"

I bribed my entire ward choir, and their entire families, with a smoked pork bar-b-que, ala Jeff. I am shameless. When I broke the news to Jeff, he said, "What the...?"

I went 6 weeks, getting up at 5:30 AM, to attend a boot camp; one hour of non-stop, hurt-yourself cardio and resistant exercises. I went up and down Old Main stairs COUNTLESS times. WHOOT WHOO! I still get winded going down, then up my 13 stairs, to get a can of soup. What the...?

Chase learned how to tie his shoes after showing him only TWICE. That's it. I give credit to his kindergarten teacher, who put it as a requirement on their homework. She was so excited and proud of Chase, she literally said, "What the...?!"

I took almost 4 minutes off of my timed mile while doing boot camp. I won't tell you what my first time was. I will just let you be impressed with the near-4 minute deficit. I don't want anyone giving me crap, with a big, "What the...?!"

On Halloween, our neighbor walked right on by without even recognizing me. He said, "What the...?!"

I said, "Sweeeet!"

13 comments:

Jessica said...

WAY TO GO!!! That is amazing, and you do look great. I need to join in your boot camp. Yeah for you!!

Birgitta said...

What a fun list! And congrats on the weight lose. I can't wait to see your cute bum! I wish I had some of my own motivation!

As far as the bees are concerned...they are yellow jackets. We dealt with them for weeks coming into the kitchen. We were killing 6-12 every day in our house. Not fun! They built a nest in our wall from outside.

They are building a nest somewhere in your basement for the winter- possibly a wall. The nest only gets larger and the yellow jackets increase. They eat the inside of your wall to build their nests. NOT GOOD! They find tiny holes to get into the house once in they are in the wall. That is why they are stinging kids in the bum. You have to get a professional to come spray. Our guy came twice! We used Beeline Pest Control. Friendly service, on time and quick. The spray they use does not harm pets or kids. They also have a 30 day guarantee. If you still see them coming into the house, they spray again. $85.00 bucks. GOOD LUCK...believe me get it taken care of because it will only get worse.

Bastian's said...

oh danielle...i love your blog. it is great entertainment. and yes, you look AWESOME!

Kathy’s Korner said...

What the...?

Leslie said...

Wow!! Way to go! You do look fantastic. I am totally impressed. I die running a mile--literaly die! I totally need to start exercising. And bees in your basement??!! How does that happen?

Woodstock Family said...

WOW girl, seriously...what the....? I'm so proud of you! Please tell me your secret! That's so awesome! What boot camp do you go to? Is it free? Please tell me details, I need something to motivate me!

Melanie said...

I'm going to give you a big What THE if you don't post pictures of yourself. I mean it. I live in freaking Wisconsin, not next door anymore, and I need to see this hot body. I am so proud of you. Honestly. So proud. You are amazing. And you will inspire me to shed my baby weight...maybe.

Your posts always crack me up. You should write a book. You have THE knack of writing (and amusing).

Danielle said...

Uh, Melanie, who has the knack for writing and/or amusing?! Your posts are a good read every time!

I want to get down a little more before I do a before and after. If I did it now, it would be a before and during...not so stunning I would think.

But, trust me, eventually, there will be a picture! Only problem; I wouldn't let anyone really get a picture of me at my gulp...heaviest, so I am not too sure what to compare it against. So, we will see!

Heather said...

You are hilarious Danielle. Seriously.

Mom.. that was pretty funny too.

I am also very excited to see you! It's been a while and 52 pounds!!! Holy Crap.....er... what the?

hennchix said...

What the???WOWOWOWOWOWOWWWWWW!!!! You totally rock sister!! Great job! A suggestion for your pics- take a pic of you in your "fat" pants holding them out, so everyone can see how skinny you are!! And I also LOVE your blog!!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

WHHHHOAAAA! That's incredible. Good for you.

Kimberly said...

It's gotta be so fun to like your bum. As for the bees, what the...? is about all you can say, that's so strange. I'd be speechless at Chase's wit every day... It's funny how few words "what the" is, yet how perfectly it captures almost anything!

Missy said...

Hey...nice...BUM!! You do look amazing!! You go girl!