Monday, November 9, 2009

Say What?!?

Seriously, I think they are putting something in our water.

After our FHE activities tonight, we headed through town on the way back home. Chase is absolutely loving reading right now and reads, or tries to read, everything he sees from point A to point B. As we passed a particular department store, I took great pleasure in pointing out to my son that the store was sporting an illuminated tribute to him on it's front exterior. When Chase began wondering why he was so awesome as to be lucky enough to have his name in lights, I felt obligated to divulge to him that is was the name of the bank that resided inside said store.

After a brief and thoughtful pause, my son broke the silence;

"Chase. That is such an awesome name. I wish that was MY name."

Huh?

Anyone know where I can score me some Ginkgo Biloba? We're having a rough time over here. My "duh" moments seems to be catchy.

5 comments:

Kathy’s Korner said...

So WHAT is you NAME little one?

Danielle said...

I had to give him a little reminder, to which he said, "Oh, yeah! Silly me. I am sooo funny!"

Birgitta said...

Maybe his name is Kirkly after all!

Danielle said...

No, not Kirkly...Elijah. ;)

Kristi said...

Chase cracks me up!