Friday, September 11, 2009

Puppy Pepper Pics



I am finally getting around to getting the pictures off of my camera. We have had a big week and are finally starting to get to the things on our lists!

We think Pepper is a pretty cute puppy, most of the time. The honeymoon is ending, sadly. Chase has already begun to think of her as the obnoxious little sister that knocks over your sand castle and messes with your toys. I have had to remind him that the discipline sounds and words that we use for her are for things like digging under the fence and eating the phone...things like that...NOT for being the unwanted playmate in the backyard.

Jeff has decided to nip some of her bad behaviors. He has turned the hose on her when she digs under the fence and eats my daylillies. She is a quick study. She has completely stopped both behaviors. I am asking Jeff to install an extension on my kitchen sink hose. There are a few behaviors that I would like to take care of...inside...with the puppy's boy.








This picture is through the screen. I wanted to capture this moment without being detected. We have been out in our PJ's this whole week to play with her. Our morning routine has really suffered.



This one...well...what do you say. My mom likes to frequently remind me of a bad habit from us kids when we were growing up. She says that the second she got on the phone, we were in the chocolate chips. Pavlov had something there. This is what my little boy did when I got on the phone one day. And, to put all of you germ-a-phobes at ease, the bed was still unused.
A little update on the nerve front. No progress made as of yet. I took Pepper out in the front yard today. She walked off while I was busy talking and ended up in the yard of another neighbor. Their dogs got out and came bearing down on us with all sirens wailing. It scared Pepper so bad, she peed. I can neither confirm, nor deny, that maybe I did, too.

7 comments:

Melanie said...

Peeing stories always make me laugh.

Pepper is adorable, despite the honeymoon already wearing off.

I still haven't told the boys Chase has a puppy.

Anonymous said...

Can I have Pepper? So freaking cute!

Birgitta said...

The first thing I thought of when I saw the picture was, "PEPPER LOOKS LIKE A PETERSON...SHE LOOKS LIKE SHE BELONGS TO YOUR FAMILY!"

She really is adorable. Those pics of Chase are priceless! I'm personally not a germaphobe, I'm more a dirtaphobe. Either way, I'm glad the dog's bed was unused. :)

Have fun with the new puppy! You really are brave!

Kathy’s Korner said...

Cute stories. Sounds like the Petersons are doing great with their cute little Pepper! Keep enjoying!

symony said...

Cute puppy! love the photo of him laying in the dog bed something defintally to show his girlfriend when he gets older! ha ha ha

Anonymous said...

Well you can have her for a couple hours but you can't have her he he ;)

Bastian's said...

ADORABLE! I am so happy