Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Balm

One of my favorite kinds of balm, is Bag Balm. It is my favorite beauty secret. You rub it on your feet, then cover them with socks. Oohh. It is fabulous. I have baby soft feet, even in the summer. Funny thing though, you generally find it in the pet section.


Lip balm. I don't like lip balm. It leaves a yucky taste in my mouth.


But my most favorite balm of all: The Mormon Tabernacle Choir's CD, Consider the Lillies. It is the most amazing balm for the soul. If you have never listened to it, I highly suggest you do. The music itself can take your breath away. But the words. Oh, the words. They are like bandaids for your sadness, trials and tribulations. I have had my ward choir sing 6 of the tracks, with two more in the wings. I love, love, love it.


Music is powerful. Good music is healing. It is no wonder the Lord has said, "My soul delighteth in the song of the heart, yea, the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me." (Doctrine and Covenants 25:12)

7 comments:

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

I agree Bag Balm is the best. I always have it with me. It works great on babies bum's and raw noses. I think it's popular to use on milking cows when they get soar, at least that is what Tyrel told me. Hey did you get my comment on how a guy in my ward was wearing a wooden tie that he got from "some guy" in Logan a while ago!!!

Birgitta said...

That CD is a good one...I should pull it out and listen to it. What a nice reminder!

Kathy’s Korner said...

That is the best, we need to listen to it.

Lea Ann said...

I wonder if it will work on MY feet. They are nasty and I was picking at them while I was reading your email. I haven't listened to that CD, but I will have to try that. You are full of amazing tips. Thanks

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Yup. Yup. Yup. Agreed.

Leslie said...

Every time your choir sings these songs, I have to try hard not to cry!! You are amazing, and the songs you guys do are just what I need! Thanks.

Birgitta said...

p.s. My feet are fabulous thanks to bag balm (less than a week of using it)!!