Friday, September 18, 2009

Irony

Irony is funny when you are on the "ha, ha" side of it. Irony is hilarious when it helps you to prove a point, helps you win an argument, and just plain old makes you right.

Irony never really is very funny when you are on the receiving end.

What I find ironic is that we opted out of morning kindergarten because Chase is not a morning kid. We were dragging him out of bed at 9:45 AM to get him to swimming lessons at 10 AM. He would sleep from 8 PM to 9-10 AM. This kid could sleep.

We decided we would like him to be alert, and pleasant, for his first year of school. Therefore, afternoon kindergarten. We could wake up at our leisure, have a pleasant morning, walk to school in decent weather...all that good stuff.

So, here's the irony. Chase has not slept in once since school has started. He has been up between 7 and 8 AM every morning. He has been falling asleep around 9:30-10 PM every night.

Oh, I know. There is not one tear falling for me. I know. I can hear all of the laughter from my well-meaning friends and family who have long been jealous of my good sleeper, and all of the free time for the good sleeper's mom.

Just don't laugh so hard you hurt yourself, 'cause then I will laugh at you for laughing at me. Then, the irony is on my side again...and I win. Hehehehehehe

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm trying to find the irony since 7 a.m. IS sleeping in for my kids. I hope he gets back to his normal sleeping-in soon!

Kathy’s Korner said...

I hope you are saving all you great posts, they will make a great book! How how how funny (sad realy).
Irony is having to spend your first three months of retirement taking care of cancer!. UHG