Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Show Me The Money!

We started a mission jar for Chase to save his money in after my mom had shared an experience she had with a childhood friend. I loved the idea and all of the good that it represented. At the end of the year, we have gather all of the change from his jar and from all over the house. After three years of rolling change, we have ended up with a substantial amount for his mission account. We went to the bank on Friday to officially open his account. It was really fun! The lady made a big to-do about it for him. She had him sign his name on all of the documents, which was so stinkin' cute. While the lady was away from her desk processing information, I mentioned to Chase the amount that we were depositing and talked to him about how awesome this was and what a blessing it was for his mission, which I am sure will come way toooooo fast. On the way out to the car afterwards, Chase, while holding my hand and skipping, exclaimed,

"Oh, I am so glad that I am not poor anymore! I used to be poor, but now I'm not! I'm so glad!"

Really, if life were this simple, we would be a happier people!

2 comments:

Kathy’s Korner said...

I can just see him skipping and holding your hand. You two are so cute together and I am so glad that you are preparing him for his mission!!! You can't start too soon. We LOVE you all!

Woodstock Family said...

Danielle, what a neat story and what a great example you are for all of us! I'm definitely going to start a "mission jar" for my boys! What a fun experience for Chase to go to the bank, (a grownup place), and act big! Way to go Chase! We're so glad you're our friends!