Monday, January 5, 2009

Little Drummer Boys

Chase received the cutest drum set I have ever seen for Christmas. He has been showing an interest in the drums for some time now. I have had several people tell me that I am insane for letting a 5 year old have a set of drums. I think it's the music teacher in me that loves it. I will admit to all of you who think I really am crazy...they have been moved to the basement. BUT! I am still loving the great noise that is getting more and more rhythmic as we go.

Chase has said that his goal is to "learn the drums SOOOO good that I can get a real sized set and then I can give this set to DI". It's good to have goals...even ones so specific.

The first video was Chase's debut on the drums. Funny note...watch Clark in the background. The second video is of a more seasoned drummer. We enjoyed hearing Gpa on the drums. It's been a while. Jeff had never heard him play before and was literally in awe. In due time, we will have our own professional drummer banging away on his own set of full-sized drums. We will just hear him a little less. We will have some hearing loss.

6 comments:

Birgitta said...

How fun for Chase...

I would have loved to hear Glenn play.

Kathy’s Korner said...

That is one cute drumme boy (so glad the DRUMS are in YOUR basement) (o:

Kristi said...

It all makes sense...with you as a music teacher! Someone has to let their kids have drums or the world would lose it's rhythm!

Becky Hansen said...

Mckayla says "I hope I can visit you soon, and we can play the drums together, and I miss you alot chaser". Looks like lots of fun. Glad it's you though, and not me. However, my kids got a music guitar, and they have been playing quite a bit.

Heather said...

Why don't you get Rock Band and then I'll come play drums too!

Chase is pretty talented and the weird thing is that I didn't even make the connection about you being a music teacher.. hense being extra ok that your 5-yr old has drums.. I mean, I know that you love music and play all kinds, but still, duh!

Danielle said...

I used to teach a room full of music students, each of them playing a squeaky, offensive sounding recorder. Never bothered me a bit. I know it is the music teacher in me that makes it a little more tolerable than for the average joe.