Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas Blues

Yes, I am one of "those" people. I whimper and lament the entire time I take Christmas down. Did I get to enjoy Christmas...did I even look at the tree...did we play enough music...did we get all of the use out of our decorations? If it weren't completely wrong, I would probably leave our stuff out until February.
Chase just happened to be spending the night with cousins in Ogden last night, so I woke up this morning and bit the bullet...I put away Christmas, with all of the post Christmas lamentations. But, it's down.

We have a tradition of taking Chase's picture in front of the tree in his "too fancy and chinzy to wear anywhere or anytime other than Christmas Sunday" outfit. This year was no exception. This year, we took his picture on the Sunday before Christmas. Now, Chase is going through a phase where he wants to be just like Mom...unfortunately, bad crap and all. From the time I was a little girl, I have worn my Sunday clothes all day on Sunday. Chase wants to do that, too. With little boys, you try to get them out of nice clothes as fast as possible, especially nice white shirts. Chase has decided it is important to be careful in his Sunday clothes so he gets to keep them on, all Sunday. These pictures represent what he looked like as I was taking his traditional picture in front of the tree, and making a compromise to save the white shirt, while still keeping the integrity of getting to wear Sunday clothes all Sunday long.


Man, do I love this boy!!

5 comments:

Kathy’s Korner said...

Man, he looks way to grown up! What a cutie!!!!!

Kimberly said...

Funny Funny. With his finger on the cupboard,I thought he was doing a disco pose at first. I was so eager to put my decor up because it's the first time I ever have had any. But since it's all snow stuff and it's still 3 feet deep outside,I can leave it right?! I know what you're going through.

Danielle said...

We asked him to do the disco pose, but he didn't quite get it...hence the finger on the entertainment center. In my professional opinion...hehehe...all things winter, snow, snowmen, things like that, can stay up until the end of February. After putting down Christmas, I pulled all of my winter out. I don't decorate with any winter things during Christmas. I save it all for Jan and Feb. So, keep it out! Better yet, why don't you and Mom and Heather and Buhgitta or anyone else that wants to, schedule a weekend and come make some more winter crafts!?

Kristi said...

I love it! How endearing that he wants to wear his Sunday clothes all day just to be like you. So cute!

Heather said...

I didn't realize that you had that tradition of taking his picture in front of the tree.. very cute!