Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My Sweetie

I have just realized that I have about three pages worth of posting I could do on Jeff and never have! I think it's about time I brag that man up!

I have been having horrible, horrible migraines for the last week and a half. I usually get them here or there, and quite infrequently at that. But lately, I have had them everyday, all day. I have been pretty miserable. Jeff has really taken one for the team.

Sunday, I almost missed church because of my headache. It hurt so bad it actually made me cry...and that's a first! But, I prayed and prayed and made it to our meetings. When I got home, Jeff sent me to bed. This may not seem like that big of an act of love to any of you. A little fact about Jeff...he worships his Sunday, after meetins' nap! So, to send me to bed, instead of him, was an incredible gesture. He fed Chase and got busy making cookies for me to take to choir practice that evening. He swept the floor, put dinner in, did the dishes, played legos with Chase. By the time Chase went to bed that night and Jeff and I could sit and visit, we were both in awe of each other...me for what that man stepped up and did all day, and Jeff for what I manage to get done each day without complaining. And it was only a Sunday! That impressed him more! The role reversal was hilarious. He was frustrated with having to "deal" with Chase all day, tired of messes on the floor and could we please take our dishes to the sink. You know, all of the tired comments that come flinging out of our mouths at the end of the day!? He said, "kudos to you for all that you do! I can't believe you not totally exhausted at the end of the day!" Am I really that great of an actress or does Jeff have that short of a memory?

Yesterday, Monday, Jeff came home early from work to check on me. He found me on our bed with the curtains drawn, Chase set up with a snack and a movie next to me. He came in for a few minutes to find out how we were, then disappeared. I thought he was at his usual after-work post, relaxing in front of the TV. A few minutes later, he came in and rifled around in some drawers. I painfully lifted my head, but couldn't glimpse what he was doing. A few minutes later, he stuck his head in to ask me what setting to wash the whites on. That man was doing laundry! He folded and put away and washed and dried! He asked Chase to come in his room and help him know where to put his clothes. I heard Chase say, "You folded clothes, Dad? You better tell Mom. She's going to be really happy!" And that I was Chase, that I was!

So, at the end of the day, with the lingering smell of dinner that I didn't even have to make, the sounds of a running dishwasher and washing machine and dryer of dishes and clothes that I didn't even have to wash, and the gentle snoring of a child that I didn't have to put to bed, that man invited me out of my cave. He asked me to come sit by him, covered me with a blanket, gave me some ibuprophen and a glass of water and asked, "You wanna watch "24" with me?"

Man, I love this guy. What a sweetheart. For all the times I complain that I don't get enough help, kudos to you, Jeff, for knowing when I really do. Thank you for all the help you are to me, without complaint. I love you, Jeff!

12 comments:

Jamen said...

Ahhhhhhhh.....you truly do have a keeper! I wish he could call all the guys and have a get together, where Jeff would teach all the guys about taking care of their wives! I hope you're feeling better!

Woodstock Family said...

By the way, that was me, Krista, in the previous comment, not Jamen!

Birgitta said...

Can I just admit that I'm sitting here at my computer crying?

It is amazing how one feels after being served....now imagine how Jeff feels after spending his time serving you.

I really am crying!

Danielle said...

It's okay, Girbitta...I know you're a boob ;)

Kimberly said...

That is totally awesome. It's fun that Jeff and you could switch places and at the end have a deep appreciation for the other. That really is a NEAT experience!

Kathy’s Korner said...

Ahhh, the sweet smell of service!!!! ( my word verification is chies! funny huh?)

Kristi said...

It's one thing to send you to bed and keep your child alive... It's a whole other FANTASTIC thing to go above and beyond with dishes, laundry, and dinner done. But my FAVORITE part... is how he recognized all that do each day. Now that's impressive. Way to go Jeff.

Heather said...

This post made me truly happy! I'm so thankful that Jeff took such great care of you and Chase during your awful headache.

I only wish we lived closer so we could come over and eat Jeff's cooking with you! Chef Jeff's the bomb.

I hope you are feeling better and back to your happy self soon.

Hugs and Kisses

Becky Hansen said...

I so feel for you. I watch Matt go thru this weekly, and I am so sorry you have been in so much pain. I am glad Jeff took such good care of you. Did he tell you our good news!!

Simply Be Photo/Melissa said...

i always feel i need to comment if i look at somebodys page. i found you through kristas. i can't believe how big your boy is getting! so cute! and props to your great hubbby!

Curtis said...

Darn you Jeff... now Kimberly expects something out of me. I had it good man, I had it good. Thanks for nothin'.

Danielle said...

bahhawhaw...funny funny! Jeff has been gone and doesn't even know that I posted about him. I will have to let him know that he has thoroughly upset your apple cart! Just don't let him wash a red sock with your whites!