Monday, January 19, 2009

I think I paid too much for the chicken wings

I gave Chase a quick itinerary for our errands as we ran out the door,

"Blah blah blah, and blah blah blah, and we need to run to Walmart to get chicken wings for Dad who wants them for dinner."

Sounds easy enough for a 5 year old. He did not, however, see the shopping list in my purse for the very needed groceries and such I would be purchasing while at Walmart.

One and a half hours and $200 later (unfortunately, that is not a typo. Nope, no stuck zero on the keyboard, just the insane price we pay for not going to the store for several weeks) we were finally pulling out of Walmart, one of my least favorite places to go. I am unfortunately held hostage by the fact that they are the only ones that carry the chicken wings that we like. In facilitating my need to only have to go to one grocery store today, Walmart won. Sheesh. Anyway, as we were pulling out of the parking lot after our marathon shopping trip, I swiped my fingers across my forehead and said,

"Whew! We made it! That was one LONG shopping trip, wasn't it?! "

To which Chase replied,

"Yeah, I know! And we just went in for chicken wings!"

If it's any consolation, we loved our $2oo chicken wings for dinner tonight. We have a killer recipe if any of you get a craving.

5 comments:

Kathy’s Korner said...

That still makes me laugh out loud. I realy do have the funniest grandkids. Kids say the darnest things. What a sweet helper. Love that kid!!!!

Woodstock Family said...

Danielle, I definitely want the recipe for your chicken wings! I've never made chicken wings that I love! Isn't it sickening how much food costs these days? I too went shopping yesterday and spent $250 just for a cart full of groceries! You used to be able to fill up 2 carts for under $200, it's depressing! Email me that recipe, I'd love to try it! kristawoodstock@gmail.com

Birgitta said...

LOL...I love your posts about Chase. He is such a crack up!

I'm the same way about Walmart. It seems like I'm grocery shopping there more and more because I need to go there for diapers and I don't want to go to a second grocery store with three kids. LOVE/HATE relationship.

You should post your recipe on My girls kitchen. They are delicious!

Danielle said...

Krista and Birg, I will get you that recipe as soon as I can nail the seasoning that Jeff puts on the wings before baking them!

Becky Hansen said...

Hey I hope you include me on that recipe, as Matt asks me to ask you a million times over. Tell Jeff it is to die for. truly loved it.