Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Every Party Needs a Pooper

Warning:

This post may, or may not contain some material suited, or not suited for all ears. It's content may, or may not be appropriate for public viewing. I may, or may not...completely care.

hehehehehe

At the end of the day, on Chase's birthday, he and I were in his room admiring all of his fun birthday gifts from his friends. We settled on a race track that needed some assembly and sticker adornment. In the midst of our accessorizing the race track, Chase announced that he needed to take a visit to the powder room, and Mom, why don't you finish putting the stickers on that one part while I am gone.

To my joy, Chase left the door open while on the pot, enabling us to have quite the conversation while he took care of things. We chatted about his day, how it was the best birthday party ever. We shared excitement over his new toys and what wonderful friends he had who had gifted them to him. Oh, we had a lovely conversation. We have such a wonderfully open and communicative relationship, lofting the ability to share everything with each other. And I do mean, EVERYTHING.

As he was "wrapping" things up, it was very happily noted, to me, that this was the second time that day that he had gone "number two".

"Oh, yeah?" I answered back, with enthusiastic supportive tones, not wanting to underestimate the joy with which this news had been delivered.

"Yeah! It's 'cause today is my birthday! It's my lucky day!"

It warms my heart that such blessed things are not wasted on this kid. His silver lining is never really far from his grasp.

Is it your lucky day today?

6 comments:

Birgitta said...

No, not today........

Jessica said...

That is hilarious! I love it!!

Kathy’s Korner said...

LOL, I am not sharing....! :)

Kathy’s Korner said...

OK! SO I AM REALLY SLOW, THAT IS THE MOST AMAZING PUN!!!!!!

Kristi said...

I love his enthusiasm! The world could use more of that kind of attitude! Very funny!

Heather said...

I can totally get on board with that qualifying his day to be lucky :) That's too funny.

Merry Christmas you guys!! Love you!