Sunday, December 13, 2009

Can't Buy Me Love

Here is how much Chase doesn't like a home hair cut performed by Mom; he was willing to shell out the money from his own wallet.

When I dropped the bombshell on my poor son that the taming of his quaff would have to be performed by Edwina Scissorhand and her trusty weed whacker, he asked the inevitable question,

"Why?!?"

I politely had to remind him that money doesn't grow on trees...just cuz there's checks doesn't mean there's money...and all of the other great cliches we had drilled in our heads and promised we would never drill in our own children's heads.

Chase was so intent on not having to have his mom butcher his lovely hair, that he decided to make the ultimate sacrifice and pay for a professional do with his own carefully saved money. I smiled at his generosity and assured him that that wasn't necessary.

With one final attempt to grasp one final straw to be able to save himself 10 unnecessary minutes in the torture chamber, he asked,

"When is Dad going to pay you anyway, Mom?"

4 comments:

Kathy’s Korner said...

On the 12th of never, to add a "Cliche"! Who won? How does he look?

Heather said...

Haha.. that was funny mom!

Speaking of mom.. Danielle, if you cut hair anything like our dear mother... I don't blame Chase for wanting to shell out his own cash. I just wish I would've thought of that when I was a kid!! :) Don't be too offended Dobben, I think it's perfectly natural :)

HAHAHA!!! Kidding.. sort of. Love you mom :)

Jessica said...

I love kids! I just keeping telling myself that every day!!! Nate hates it when I have to cut his too, but whats a mom to do!

Birgitta said...

Zach hates it too. But I can't get myself to spend 15 bucks on cutting already short, but unruly hair.

Poor sweet Chase!