Tuesday, June 2, 2009

What I Find Funny

I think life is so funny. Real life is funny. I think people are hilarious. My dream job would be to be paid to people watch. I could do that for hours. Facial expressions, sounds and unexpected bodily functions turn me into a puddle. And commercials? Have you ever stopped to pay attention to commercials? There are some hysterical ones out there. Not those commercials that have pristine children and pristine homes and high pitched sickeningly sweet voices. Those are not real. All they can hope to accomplish is a few moms being caught saying,
"Oh, is that how my life is supposed to be? Well, dadgum! I might as well quit now 'cause I have SERIOUSLY FAILED!"

No, those are not funny. If you want a REAL laugh, really pay attention the next time you watch commercials or movies. Pay attention to the little things. They are funny.

Watch people. They are funny. Heaven help if you ever trip or pass gas in front of me. I will laugh. I can't help it. It would be more fun if you would laugh with me. But, I do have no problem doing it alone.

Another thing I find funny. A little boy finally getting a long anticipated backyard camp out with his dad. Boy and Dad...sleeping bags under arm...clad in camping jammies and a huge excited grin. Boy and Dad step out onto backyard patio, smiles slowly replaced with perplexed looks. After a moment of confusion, Boy and Dad realize...their tent blew away.

I find that funny. That happened on Friday, and I still find that funny.

Incidentally, Jeff and I went to Rigby on Friday to pick up his new love (another post for another day) and apparently missed quite a wind storm. The next morning, Chase and I and a few neighbor girls go on our bikes to go and find our tent. We headed west. That is the direction we were told all of the swimming pools went. We looked too far. It ended up only hopping one fence, into the backyard of our next door neighbors.

Yep, I still find that funny!

1 comments:

Kathy’s Korner said...

That is funny, when we have a tent like gazebo (sp) it was funny to see when the wind did to that! The unexpected is often very funny. To see your two boys, not see their tent would have been funny! I love to watch people, too. We should all not take life so seriously!!!