Wednesday, June 3, 2009

And Here They Are!

Here it is!


































The long awaited picture...



































of my new set of...



























Eyelashes!

How FUNNY that anyone of you would actually think that I would get "those" other things done!Have you seen mine?? The only thing they need is a good reduction. I am sorry about my cruel joke, and my crude sense of humor. The parallels were just way to good to not try and pull this off.


Incidentally, have you ever tried to take a close-up picture of your eyelashes? I got the camera so close that my eyes were crossing. I was wetting my pants laughing when I saw the pictures. Finally, after 129 takes (no exageration)I got smart and realized I could crop the picture instead. All I can say is, thank goodness for digital cameras.

I have had these eyelashes for two and a half weeks and only two people have said anything. Therefore, only two people have known. I guess they did a pretty good job making them look natural, eh? My fear was going to be that they would look so blingy on me. Everything else about me is so understated...pppfftttt...yeah right!! No, seriously, I was worried that they would look fake and gaudy, to the point you would think, "Kachow! Here comes Danielle and her eyelashes!"

But instead, I have loved these extensions. They are permanent in the sense that they are glued to my natural lashes, but not permanent in the sense that your real eyelashes fall out naturally, taking the extensions with them. I can get them filled again when I want to. And don't you be thinking that I won't be wanting to!

So, there you have it.

Given a few hysterical phone calls, I guess I had a few of you scared. Nah, the "bosom of narcolepsy" remains untouched. Besides,I don't think I would ever be brave enough to post a picture of THOSE, thank goodness!

8 comments:

Woodstock Family said...

Oh my gosh, that is the funniest joke ever!!!!! I even went so far as to tell one of my neighbors, guess I'll have to clear that one up! So glad you really didn't get those things done, but your new eyelashes are va-va-voom! Look out here comes Danielle! Good for you! Sorry for spreading a rumor..............,,,

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

That's awesome. But where is the before picture of eyelashes. I didn't even know you could get your eyelashes done, well I guess why couldn't you, but every enhancement pictures needs a before!!

Kathy’s Korner said...

They look awesome! Yes, let's see the before and a full mug shot to get the whole effect. Ruth Grigg called and said that was the funniest post ever!

Heather said...

you are BRILLIANT Danielle!!! That was SO hilarious. I can't believe you had us all going like that. Your new eyelashes are B-YOU-TEE-FUL! I'm so glad that you love them and that they give you more confidence. You really deserve something like that for you. Happy Birthday to you!

Love ya.

Kimberly said...

Wow. They are quite beautiful. I'm glad that you've got a more affordable enhancement! They will be fun for you!

Birgitta said...

I was one of those phone calls! I just had to!

Danielle...they really look great! It looks like you have plumping mascara on! Very lovely!

Great post!

Anonymous said...

You absoultely made my day!!!
BTW Great post!

Melanie said...

Ok, for the record, two things:
1) I actually did notice your eyelashes were looking particularly full and embodied a few weeks ago outside the library in the church but didn't say anything b/c I've never been really good at approaching eyelash compliments
2) I tried to call you yesterday after reading your first post. I was dying to get more details, especially in the event that the bosom of narcolepsy may have been compromised. Phew! So glad on that account.

Your eyelashes look amazing. Really. Glad you were able to get an uncross-eyed pic.