Friday, June 5, 2009

What's Going Through Your Mind

Have you ever knelt down to pray, only to have the phone ring. You pick up the phone and accidentally answer with the beginning of your prayer? Have you ever started the Pledge of Allegiance with the beginning of a prayer and ended it with "Amen"? Have you ever answered your phone at home, with the salutation of your place of employment?

You have to be on your game, or the average man can really slip. Last night, Chase and I were finishing up bedtime and knelt down to say his prayers. I am not sure what was running through his mind, because he took a deep breath and started his prayer,"

"1,2,3,4,5....uh....."

Chase and I busted out in a pretty good laugh. So, we calmed down, for take two. He took a deep breath again, and said,

"Uh, how do the beginning words go again?"

After a refresher and a few more giggles, take three, and the prayer finally begins. The prayer went off without a hitch, until Chase said,

"And please bless us tomorrow with a good rainy day...or not."

I seriously thought I would detach my uvula I was stifling my laughter so hard. I guess some times your funny bone is more exposed than others.

2 comments:

Kathy’s Korner said...

I'e done the 1 2 3 thing. Cute post.

Birgitta said...

That is hilarious. I'm giggling....that 1-2-3-4-5...that is FUNNY! And the...or not.

I would have laughed and laughed. I wish I was there for that prayer.