Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda

I have a sink full of dishes that I should have done today, but didn't. I could have folded clothes. I would have mopped my muddy laundry room floor, but it was raining today, so what's the point. I sliced the tip of my finger wide open today, should have gotten stitches, but didn't. Really should have gotten to that stinky bathroom today. I would have paid bills, but didn't feel like going into depression. I coulda cut Chase's hair. Should have got the pictures of my b-day so I can do my b-day post, but didn't. Did I mention it was raining today?

After all of the shoulda, woulda and coulda's I didn't do today, here is what I did do today. Chase and I ate a very late breakfast in bed. Played hide-and-go-seek. Had one mean tickle fight. Pitched a tent between the door knobs down the hall. Ate lunch in the tent (while Mom nursed the finger she sliced open, instead of the bun she was trying to open). Read books and ate chocolate in the tent. Had so much fun in the tent, we dragged in the video player and watched "The Mouse and the Motorcycle" in the tent. Probably shoulda got a picture of this tent, but didn't.

These are my favorite days. These are the days I feel like a success. These are the days I feel like a really have it all together. I love these days. At least for now. When I wake up tomorrow and am faced with all the things I maybe should have done today, well, maybe not so much. But now...now, I love today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first thing that I am going to tell you is to... QUIT SHOULDING on yourself. Chase will always remember the day his mommy played in the tent. What an adventure! YAY for you Danielle! I wish I was more like you. Love Cindy

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

Sounds like a perfect day to me. There are a lot of times I don't do my dishes after dinner so we can hang out as a family and then worry about them in the morning after Tyrel has gone to work. Family time is the best!

Lea Ann said...

I would look at that day as a success. I wish I had more days just to do stuff with my boys. I DON'T stop like I should with the other demands and spend quality time with them. I think you are awsome for doing that. Congratulations! You are a fabulous mother.

Kathy’s Korner said...

I am glad Chase had some good quality time with you. He will always remember it. I hope you have some good memories of rainy days, but I know I didn't get in a tent and watch a video that you liked. I should have, I could have a rewind, and I would do a better job! You are an awesome mom. Love to you, your mom