Sunday, June 14, 2009

Dear UPS Driver,

I was just wondering if I could ask you a little favor. I was wondering if you would be able to find it in your heart to SLOW DOWN!!! I know that time is money, but the speeds that you reach as you sail in and out of our cul-de-sac are a little on the ridiculous side. I love to get packages from the "Brown Santa Claus" as much as the next guy. But, and I feel pretty safe in saying this, I don't think anyone would think that their Jelly of the Month, or their home shopping channel big buy, or their new set of Ginsu knives, is worth the life of a child. I love my child and value the lives of all of those living on our street, more than I need that package. So, please, please slow down. Maybe we can talk someone into slapping a "How's My Driving" sticker on your big brown bum. I'd call, for sure. Fair warning, though. The next time you come into our street, flying like a bat out of ****, there is a possiblity that we may be hiding in the bushes, waiting to pelt you with tennis balls.

Thanks!

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

So true, I think that driving at the speed of light is part of their training.

Birgitta said...

You funny Danielle.....we live on a pretty busy street and live this day in and day out. I should start pelting tennis balls at every car that drives fast. Good idea Danielle.

Kristi said...

You should call. I'm sure they know who is driving down your street. It's our FED EX guy who drives fast down the street. I've shook my head and motioned to slow down before. If your call doesn't produce results then I'd scrap the tennis balls and go for rocks.

Bastian's said...

ha! I found your blog! And I agree....let me know when you hide out, I'll join in the pelting.

madfam said...

I have been thinking of calling and complainging..who too though?? does their agency even care??