Wednesday, June 3, 2009

In Search of Perfection

Deep down, we all have at least one. We all have at least one body part or one thing about our bodies that we want to change. To be honest, I have several. None that I have really ever thought that I would be drastic about. In the same token, I am a very low maintenance kind of gal. First glance at me and you would tend to say that my priorities lie elsewhere. I have never died my hair, had fake nails, nothing. The most that I have ever done to alter my appearance is a perm now and then, and one painful eyebrow waxing. If I HAVE to wear makeup, I will. But if I have the choice, heck no.

This is why my husband reacted so strongly when I told him I wanted to have "them" done. He was stunned to hear me say that I wasn't happy with them and that I would actually pay money to fix them. I consider "these" a very important feature on my body and have just not been happy with them lately. It seems like time and gravity have just grabbed hold. I have always thought that I had quite nice "ones" and have been pretty proud of them. But now, they aren't. They sag and point straight down. They are not perky anymore. Not matter what I do to them, they will not stay up and be where they are supposed to be.

So, I got this wild hair up my nose that I would have them done. I did research. I was worried about cost, obviously. I was worried about the procedure, safety, long-term issues, what people would think of me, things like that. I called around and asked lots of questions. Mostly, I wanted to see if I was brave enough to actually go through with this.

Then, I found out that my husband had actually been paying attention to me. He had actually been listening to me. And, like any good husband, he wants me to be happy and to feel good about myself, no matter what the cost. So, for Mother's Day, he and Chase presented me with a gift certificate, telling the procedure has been paid for. Yikes! This means I actually had to go through with it!

So, I did. I was totally petrified and couldn't believe that I was actually going to do something this drastic. But I made my appointment and went for it. I did it! I had them done! I wasn't sure how I felt about them when they were done. I felt a little embarrassed at first. But now, now I am happy with them. I feel so much more confident. Isn't that what it's all about?

As we know, a picture is worth a thousand words. Not to mention, it makes a blog way more interesting, right. So, I will be posting a picture, as soon as I can take one that is decent enough. So, until then!

9 comments:

Birgitta said...

WA? I don't believe it.....What did you actually have done???? I look forward to seeing the pic of the perfect ones! You have me on my toes waiting!

Birgitta said...

BTW, good post. You just keep topping yourself Danielle! :)

Kathy’s Korner said...

Your eyebrows or your boobs?

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

That is awesome! Way to go!!

Melanie said...

Ok, I agree, you've left me hanging (no pun intended) and I'm curious to know exactly what's going on. Do tell.

Kimberly said...

I'm in shock. What happened? Is this a prank. I'm dyin' here!

Danielle said...

Nope! Not a prank! I have been working on the perfect picture all day and I will post it tomorrow!!

Heather said...

Are you telling me that the bosom of narcolepsy has been tampered with??? Every body has me second guessing that those are the 'ones' though.. so yah.. picture time.. cough it up lady!

I had to laugh when Birg said you keep "topping" yourself.. topping??? get it???? Bwahahahaha

Danielle said...

baawaaaahaaaa! Mom left a message on my phone today asking me if it was my tomatoes that I had done! That's a topper!!!